What you'll do…
Walmart's People.AI team is seeking an exceptional Senior Kubernetes Engineer to strengthen our machine learning (ML) services deployed on Kubernetes. Our team works closely with Data Scientists, App Developers and Product teams to architect the ML system, deploy ML models as real-time inferencing web services and/or batch inference jobs, scale the services to meet production needs, monitor the service health and predictive performance, and re-train the models as needed.
The Enterprise People Technology team supports the successful deployment and adoption of new People technology across the enterprise. As a Fortune #1 company, our work impacts millions of associates globally. We strive to continuously improve people technology and products to help managers and associates so they can focus on what matters most – supporting our customers and members. People Technology is one of the major segments of Walmart Global Tech's Enterprise Business Services, which is invested in building a compact, robust organization that includes service operations and technology solutions for Finance, People, and the Associate Digital Experience.
What you'll do:
- Deploy and configure Kubernetes components for production clusters, including API Gateway, Service Mesh, Model Serving, Logging, Monitoring, Distributed Tracing, Cron Jobs, etc.
- Explore latest cloud and MLOps technologies and bring them to our production environment
- Contribute to the evolution of CI/CD automation for faster builds and simplified workflows
- Contribute to the development of core container images and libraries to standardize best practices and improve reuse
- Contribute to the operational excellence initiative
What you'll bring:
- You are excited about building and operating distributed systems at scale in production
- You embrace lifelong learning – always learning new tools and techniques. You are also involved in the developer communities to both help you solve problems and share knowledge to others
- You are thorough and detail oriented. When debugging issues, you never settle without getting the root cause
- You have a history of collaboration, openness, honesty, timely decision making and communicating clearly in both verbal and written forms
- Administering Kubernetes. Ability to create, maintain, scale, and debug production Kubernetes clusters as a Kubernetes administrator
- Working on at least one Kubernetes cloud offering (EKS/GKE/AKS) or on-prem Kubernetes (native Kubernetes, Gravity, MetalK8s).
- Programming experience in Python, Node.js and Shell scripting. Our services are written in these languages.
- Ability to use observability tools to look at logs and metrics to diagnose issues within that system utilizing Splunk, Prometheus, and Grafana.
- Ability to not only work independently, but also work closely and pair with your own teammates, and also form strong relationships with other teams quickly
- Ability to both mentor other team members and be mentored by them. Everyone has something new to learn from their teammates
- Ability to take large, ambiguous projects, drive to clarity on the project, break the work down, present your designs to multiple teams, and gain alignment from cross-functional partners
- 3+ years of industry experience along with a proven track record of ownership and delivery
- Experience hardening a production-level Kubernetes environment (memory/CPU limits, node taints, annotations/labels, etc.)
- Experience with Kubernetes cluster networking and Linux host networking
- Experience in scaling infrastructure to support high-throughput data-intensive applications
About Walmart Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world's leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.
Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, software engineering, or related area and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related area.Option 2: 5 years' experience in software engineering or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, or related area and 1 year's experience in software engineering or related area.
603 MUNGER AVE STE 400, DALLAS, TX 75202, United States of America
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.