Digital Experience Engineering – Software Engineering Lead/Software Engineer 4
At Asurion, we don’t just redefinewe reinvent. We began by establishing a culture that rewards results and isn’t confined by a hierarchy. As a result, we have achieved phenomenal growth. Today, this entrepreneurial spirit is as strong as ever. It’s in our DNA. We foster a culture where our team members are encouraged daily to make a differencefor our clients, customers, and themselves. Our dynamic and rewarding environment ensures that each of our 17,000+ team members has the opportunity to reach their full potential, while at the same time fulfilling the needs of more than 280 million consumers.
The Digital Experience Engineering team is responsible for building the systems that support our Device Protection customer interactions in the digital channels, including web and communications. We focus on providing a great and efficient user experience, helping our customers get back up and running when things have gone wrong.
We value open source technologies, solve challenging and unique problems, and innovate quickly. We embrace continuous delivery and Lean Startup principles. We work in small, empowered teams that have clear goals and success measures, and leverage the creativity of all members of the team.
Do you know how to write robust and reliable systems? Can you ensure performance, quality and security aspects while delivering a product that delivers an awesome user experience? Do you enjoy discussing innovative ideas with your peers, coming up with great product solutions and passing on your knowledge to others frequently? We’re looking for engineers who are passionate about developing great software, have a love for solving hard problems, and enjoy learning about new technology. If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Who’s a great match for us?
– Highly-motivated, full-stack engineers with experience in development, design and architecture, who are passionate about developing great software and love solving hard problems.
– We’re using Lean Startup methodologies, which means we’ll need you to be agile and data-driven too.
What You’ll Do
As a Software Engineering Lead in the Digital Experience Engineering group, here’s what you can expect to do:
– Take on an opportunity that offers variety, innovation, and unique challenges, where you can learn something new every day
– Think through hard problems, and work with a team to make them reality and provide very tangible benefits to the corporation, our partners and our customers
– Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchical, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
– Collaborate with Product Managers, UX Designers, and other engineers on a small, focused and empowered team
– Develop effective, scalable and maintainable code in a timely fashion
– Follows established coding standards and techniques; assists with establishing standards
– Become a subject matter expert whose ideas and input are highly valued by the team
– Participate in design and code reviews
– Take an active role in the quality of the application using test-driven development principles; develop automated unit and end-to-end test cases to validate defect-free code
– Lead a small team in delivery with approximately 60-80% hands-on coding
– Provide technical leadership to your team through coaching and mentoring
– Mentor and evangelize Agile, Lean, and Continuous Development coding best practices
– Help with the recruiting and selection of technical resources
– Exemplify a spirit of divine discontent within the team
What You Bring to the Team
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred, or equivalent work experience
– At least 5 years (8 years is preferred) of experience building modern, multi-tier web applications
– Strong Computer Science fundamentals
– Object-oriented design experience and/or functional design experience
– Experience working in a modern, agile software development lifecycle using tools like Jira, LeanKit or Trello
– Experience with Git and tools like Github, Bitbucket, or GitLab is preferred
– Experience with Lean, data-driven techniques is a big plus
– Strong interpersonal skills and a confident communicator
– Commanding grasp of HTML5, CSS3 and related web technologies
– Experience testing with Jest, Ava, Mocha, and/or Jasmine
– Experience with Reactive Programming, building single page web applications, and building scalable, multithreaded web applications
– Experience with responsive web application design and development practices
– Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
– A passion for keeping the front-end lean and fast, while ensuring that all features are a pleasure to use
– XML, JSON and YAML Expertise
– Experience building SOAP or RESTful services with Java, Scala, or Node.js
– Broad expertise in Java technologies, including JDBC, JPA, JMS, JAXP, JAXB, annotations is preferred
– Experience integrating with leasing SQL and NoSQL based database systems, such as MySQL, Oracle, SQLServer, Postgres, DynamoDB, Redis, MongoDB or similar
– A passion for software architecture, and great experience designing APIs that are a joy to use
– Familiarity with AWS services, including Lambda, EC2, ECS, Route53, Elasticsearch, ELBs/ALBs, and IAM is a plus
– Experience with micro-services architectures and developing high-performance systems
– Experience leading project teams, and a track record of delivering successful releases on time
– Experience in mentoring more junior engineers
– Ability to develop and maintain highly effective relationships, internally and externally
– Positive attitude with focus on the success of the team over individual accomplishments
– Experience in building applications following 12-Factor principles is a plus
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: PRO00923
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
We’re a technology company. But we’re also an amazing group of people. When you call us, you’ll talk to people with the patience and experience to genuinely help. We understand what it’s like to spill water on a cell phone or have a hard drive crash on a term paper. We replace. We fix. We find. We solve. We keep you in the game. Asurion. Life’s Operating System Contact Info
– Sterling, VA
View Company Profile
Don’t miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.