About the position
Prudential Customer Office is building a startup culture in the company that is touching 20 Million+ lives yet thinks with an agile mindset. A company where talent drives success and your work touches everyone from a 25-year-old to folks over 90 years old living in retirement. We care about web accessibility. We care how we treat our customers. Our employees are passionate about what they do and make it happen.
Staff Software Engineer is a key technical contributor who has demonstrated expertise in a variety of information technology concepts, practices, procedures and can design, modify, and implement software applications. The ideal candidate is an engineer who has passion for new technologies, understands end to end web development technology stack, responsive web design, service oriented architecture (SOA) and turns concepts to life using the Agile framework. We are looking for someone who is outcome focused, detail oriented, loves challenges and can work collaboratively.
* Collaborate with technology, architecture, product management and design teams to drive outcomes with focus on enriched customer experience.
* Work in an iterative/Agile environment and be a strong team player.
* Deliver high quality code with attention to detail, security, testing, reusability in mind.
* Ability to deliver end to end solution using innovative approaches to complex design problems.
* Analyze and tune application performance, with a focus on service/message throughput and latency.
* Conducts code reviews for system modifications and development. Ability to work flexible hours as needed to accommodate offshore team needs.
– Must Have
* BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience with backend development using Java, C#, or other similar technology.
* Must have experience with implementation using service-oriented architecture (SOA) patterns.
* Must have experience with Web Service technologies such as REST, Spring Boot, Web API.
* Experience with databases like Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL. NoSQL experience is a plus.
* Experience with AWS (or similar) cloud technologies, understanding of DevOps and Jenkins concepts required.
* Strong integration background required – integrating multiple systems including mapping and transformation of data.
* Familiar with security concepts such as authentication, authorization, encryption, digital signature, SSL, web service proxies, firewalls.
* Experience troubleshooting production applications from the frontend to the database layer and minimizing impact to customers.
* Experience with Agile SDLC methodologies in a fast pace environment required.
* A TECHIE that lives for emerging technologies and is hungry to keep learning.
* Driven, self-motivated, able to work under pressure using sound judgment and professionalism.
* Demonstrates a craving for continuous improvement, through understanding of new technology innovations and their applications.
Nice to Have
* Experience with various architectural components and tools:
o Kafka, ActiveMQ, Splunk, Dynatrace, New Relic, Artifactory, Maven
* Frontend related tools:
o Postman, Fiddler, Grunt/Gulp
* NoSQL Databases: MongoDB, Cassandra
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential’s businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit ****************** to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at ******************************* for more information about doing business with Prudential.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.