Due to growth we have an excellent opportunity for an experienced 2nd Line Support Engineer to come and join a busy, experienced team. The successful candidate will report to our Senior Infrastructure Engineer and work closely with our IT manager.
Working within the IT support team you will provide high quality 2nd Line support across all IT infrastructure and services, responsible for solving a broad spectrum of IT support cases by telephone, remotely in the office or on-site.
The successful candidate need to be self-starter and to represent the IT team in professional manner, while dealing with customers from different levels.
In return good in-house training and career progression is available.
Duties include but not limited to:
• This role holder is to be responsible for real time operations and in-life support of substantial infrastructure providing IT connectivity and services for Galliard
• Handling and successfully progressing all 2nd line fault investigation and at times progressing 1st line faults and fixes
• Acting as the lead liaison between 2nd and 3rd line investigation
• Answer and clear IT support requests and helpdesk queues.
• Set and implement key demonstrable measures that ensures all customers are fully supported with a full IT suite.
• To work on technical projects for their managers or sponsors independently and with guidance. This may involve working alone or as part of a wider project team, managing specific tasks.
• To lead the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
• To work with internal, external and third party suppliers.
• Able to deal with customers from different levels and represent IT in professional manner
• Previous experience in 2nd line role is essential
• Relevant degree or industrial qualification in the appropriate field
• Candidates must be flexible to work after hours and overtime (after successfully passing probation period)
• Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
• Strong time management and organisational skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Working in a Citrix based environment is necessary
The ideal candidate will have knowledge/experience in:
• Virtualisation – VMware, VSphere, ESXI
• Previous experience in CITRIX – Xendesktop, XenApp,
• Server Technologies – Windows Server 2008 and 2012, Exchange 2013, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO, File Server,
• Database – MS SQL experience
• Web server – IIS,
• Networking – General understanding of LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, Routing, IP Addressing, Firewalls and Switching desirable
• Has a comprehensive understanding of IT and uses development opportunities to maximise the potential of themselves and the wider Galliard team.
• Windows 10 support, deployment and troubleshooting
• Troubleshooting and setting up printers
Due to travel to sites, it is essential that the candidate has a full manual driving license and is over 21 years old for insurance purposes as you will be using the company van for travel.
• Private healthcare
• Pension scheme
• Competitive salary
• 24 days holiday
• Good in-house training platform and opportunity to learn broad set of technologies and develop
To apply for this job please visit galliardhomes.ciphr-irecruit.com.