ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Manager, Information Technology (IT) & Systems will join the Generation Citizen team and be a critical contributor within the organization’s Operations team. The Manager, IT & Systems will come onboard during an exciting time for GC as we embark on a new strategic plan with a strong focus on centering racial equity in civics education and a new commitment to intentionally engage youth in our democracy. The person in this role will assess, strengthen, and align the organization’s information technology, systems, processes, and procedures in order to support strong overall operations, and ensure employees have the tools and systems to reach their goals effectively.
This is the first time Generation Citizen is hiring for an IT position, as the IT function was previously led and supported by members of the finance and HR teams. We believe that a successful candidate will be an IT generalist who is interested in building strong systems/processes from the ground up, is excited about creating order amidst currently disconnected and decentralized systems/processes, and enjoys working autonomously to reach strong outcomes. They’ll report to GC’s Associate Director, Operations and will collaborate with and support a wide range of departments and staff across the organization.
Manage Digital Security, IT Support & Inventory
- Design and manage a technical support and systems maintenance approach for the organization, including direct staff support/troubleshooting, standard operating procedures and policies, quarterly and/or annual systems audits, and recommendations for enhancements
- Maintain centralized inventory of all IT hardware, software, and license/subscription assets for the organization
- Administer Google Workplace services and manage user accounts
- Manage systems onboarding and offboarding for employees
- Partner with Associate Director, Operations to ensure digital security is infused into all aspects of organization’s operations; manage digital security projects and initiatives to ensure strong digital security practices across the organization
- Lead IT projects, including the design and implementation of new IT systems and services
- Manage and/or serve as technical liaison to technology vendors, as needed, to effectively execute on organizational priorities
Manage Knowledge Management & Communications Systems
- Manage key knowledge management and internal communications systems and tools, such as Slack, Zoom, and GC’s intranet, with any eye towards user-experience and continuous improvement.
- Partner with Associate Director, Operations to roll-out technologies and systems to staff, by developing trainings, policies, and procedures, and promoting strong adoption of technologies and systems
- Manage the technical side of GC’s external website, in partnership with the Manager, Communications; manage external vendors, hostings, and subscriptions
- Support CRM (Salesforce) administration through lens of digital security, in collaboration with Development and National Program teams; manage software upgrades and integration with other apps/platforms
Manage External Learning Platforms
- Upgrade and integrate GC’s intranet with other learning platforms for increased usability and functionality; work closely with national staff across teams to maintain up-to-date content on intranet.
- Coordinate colleagues across the organization, specifically colleagues in the National Program and Operations departments, to develop and implement a virtual learning strategy for teachers and other external stakeholders that is aligned with the organization’s new strategic plan.
- Optimize current learning systems and platforms, and collaborate with National Program and Operations colleagues to assess and implement an improved learning management system for external and internal stakeholders
- 2+ years of experience in IT and/or operations, ideally in a nonprofit environment
- Experience administering, or participating in a project to implement, a Learning Management System (LMS) or similar platform for online learning.
- Vaccinated against COVID-19 or willingness to become fully-vaccinated within two (2) months of the first date of employment. Accommodations will be considered, in line with Generation Citizen’s internal policies.
- While all GC teammates are currently working remotely, we hope for this person to be based in New York with an ability to occasionally commute to a local office, as responsibilities require.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS & NECESSARY COMPETENCIES:
- A deep commitment to and passion for Generation Citizen’s mission
- Understanding and deep interest in technology support, systems, and digital security
- Strong time management skills and an ability to stay organized and give attention to details while managing diverse tasks, activities, and projects
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to maintain professionalism with diverse stakeholders
- Strong ability to learn, design, and use technologies and platforms, with an ability to support others in learning technologies and developing technological competencies
- Entrepreneurial spirit and skilled at working within a resource-constrained environment
HOW TO APPLY:
Complete the application and be sure to attach a resume and cover letter. Our HR representative will reach out to qualified candidates to schedule a phone screen. We appreciate it if you could refrain from reaching out to GC team members directly to inquire about the position or status of your application.
Full description: https://generationcitizen.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Job-Description_-Manager-Information-Technology-Systems-1.pdf
To apply for this job please visit www.surveymonkey.com.