Purpose of Position
The Software Integration Engineer will become an expert on Gilbarco dispenser-based payment systems’ interface and drive successful integration with customers and third-party payment vendors, with focus on the EMV payment standard.
- Engage customers and third-party payment systems vendors to identify their integration needs, develop plans to address, and drive to completion.
- Develop and deliver comprehensive Gilbarco SDK training classes and support to external Point of Sale and Electronic Payment Systems developers.
- Develop high quality documentation, tutorials, and other content for the Gilbarco SDK website.
- Troubleshoot embedded software/hardware and system issues in Gilbarco labs, customer labs, and field sites. Includes deep analysis of software logs and protocol data captures.
- Collaborate with internal and external resources to analyze problems and design, implement, test, and document solutions.
- Travel to customer and third-party vendor locations as required, up to 25%.
- Lead SDK team activities, including planning, execution, and tracking.
- Develop and maintain tools to support and automate SDK processes.
This position will interface with the following:
- Third-Party Payment Vendors and Integrators
- Engineering: Software, Software Quality Assurance, Security, Electrical, and Mechanical Field Service
- Program Management
- Marketing and Sales
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of software industry experience
- Proficiency with the EMV payment standard
- Experience integrating new EMV implementations
- Demonstrated ability to work directly with customers
- Proven ability to analyze and troubleshoot software issues
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix
- IP protocol and network configuration/troubleshooting experience
- Experience with device communication interfaces such as RS-232 and USB
- Leadership ability
- Experience with payment security certification processes, including EMV and PCI
- Experience with TLS and Open SSL library
- Knowledge of cryptographic algorithms
- Experience with website design and maintenance (e.g. Joomla)
- Python and/or Linux shell scripting experience
- Experience with embedded, multi-threaded software systems
- C/C++ experience
- Software source control experience (e.g. svn)
To apply for this job please visit careers.fortive.com.