Are you passionate about helping people be productive? Do you thrive in an environment where you can work on a variety of computer projects, knowing that you’ve made someone’s day better? GlobalGiving is looking for a Desktop Support Engineer to join our team.
You will join our team in being responsible for managing our fleet of laptops and IT systems. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a team of dedicated technologists to support your growth and learning.
The successful candidate will be able to clearly communicate in a professional setting and be adept at problem-solving a range of IT problems across Windows, Mac, Chromebook, and software-as-a-service systems that our staff uses.
We have a casual work atmosphere where everyone’s input and ideas are valued. We’re committed to work-life balance and offer everyone opportunities to learn, experiment, and grow. Since creative, enthusiastic employees are our most valued resource and the basis for our success, we take great care in how we attract, hire, and support our employees for a successful career. If you care about collaboration, curiosity, communication excellence, and continuous improvement, this position is right for you.
● IT Management and Support: Primary contact for all IT and computer support needs within our organizations, including Windows, Mac, and Chromebook users. Manage requests and communicate status using our internal ticketing systems and Slack channels.
● User Onboarding and Offboarding: Onboard and offboard users, including computer setup, and wiping/reinstalling systems. In addition, create and configure accounts on a range of software and cloud systems so that users have access to the appropriate systems, including VMWare Workspace One, Google Workspace, Salesforce, LastPass, Slack, Druva, and more.
● Inventory Management: Contribute to the maintenance of our IT inventory and organize IT-related equipment, including the organization of our IT storage room, conducting annual audits, and projecting future equipment needs.
● Web Conference Support: Manage and support the audio and visual equipment in our office space, including smart boards, microphones, speakers, and webcams. Ensure that conference rooms are fully functional and ready to support collaboration with remote employees and guests. Provide IT and A/V support for recurring weekly staff meetings, quarterly board meetings, special events in our office, and our annual “All Hands” staff meeting.
● IT Processes and Documentation: Help document and improve IT processes to help our organization grow, including leading user training sessions.
● Continuous Improvement: In the course of doing the above tasks, Look for ways to improve our existing systems and processes to enable our employees to be more productive and to reduce the number of support tickets for recurring issues. Research and identify new technologies, tools, or techniques that improve the efficiency of GlobalGiving’s operations. Help us know what we don’t know. We’ll send you to conferences and other professional development opportunities to assist.
● Motivated Self: Superb self-management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment while bringing your own sense of humor, desire to change the world, and a passion for IT systems and user support.
● Miscellaneous and Etcetera: Additional responsibilities as required to ensure the smooth and efficient operations of our organization.
For our team to be a great fit for you, the following qualifications should resonate with you:
● Experience providing help desk support for 50+ users
● Experience supporting remote users and teams
● Experience supporting audio and video conference technology
● Experienced in improving processes
● Comfortable independently researching solutions to issues
● Decisive, energetic, and takes pride in high-quality work
● Ability to create robust, accessible documentation for end-users and internal teams
● Strong customer focus
● Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
● Excited about planning IT initiatives and continuous improvement (both of systems and yourself)
● The ability to communicate ideas effectively in both written and verbal formats, to listen to others’ ideas, and to collaborate to arrive at great solutions.
● A passionate belief in the mission of GlobalGiving and a commitment to our core values
In addition, the ideal candidate would also have some or all of the following qualifications:
● Certification, associate’s degree, or bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer systems, computer science, decision information science, or similar concentration.
Salary + Benefits
Salary range: $52k – $63k
Benefits include flexible work hours, weekly work from home schedule, 5 weeks of paid time off per year, professional development opportunities, and a meaningful job where you can go home at night and say, “Today, my work helped 182 girls go to school for a year.” (One of many true stories.) And of course, we’ve also got you covered with benefits like health care, dental/vision, paid family leave, paid sabbaticals, commuter benefits, and 401K.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Systems Architect and will be based in GlobalGiving’s headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Applicants must reside in the United States. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have legal authorization to work in the United States for the duration of this permanent position. GlobalGiving does not sponsor employment visas.
In efforts to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, GlobalGiving requires all employees to adhere to the GlobalGiving Vaccination Mandate policy upon their start date. New employees will be required to be fully vaccinated upon their start date, if expected to work from the office. New employees working remotely who will have occasional contact with the office and/or co-workers will also be required to be fully vaccinated.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.