Country United States
North America State/Province Illinois
Type of Job Employee
External Job Description Context/Scope:
Provide direction, resourcing, and decisions regarding the implementation of management systems such ISO22000, Global Finished Packaging Standards (GFPS), ZERO Harm strategy, environmental sustainability, and manage on site Warehousing operations.
Purpose of Role:
* Focus of role is to identify, mitigate and manage the operating risks inherent in the manufacturing site operations in order to protect the brands, people & company reputation
* Key focus on developing skills and capabilities necessary for ensuring compliance w/ governmental legislation and Diageo policies & standards
* Lead the key Governance strategies for the site including Zero Harm, ISO/FSSC accreditation, and Environmental Sustainability
* Internal auditing site facilities and operations to identify and quantify risks, and implement robust action plans to eliminate or mitigate the risks
* Manage day to day operations of site Warehouse, ensuring material inventory accuracy and material availability
* Active participant in the site leadership team, helping provide strategic direction for the site, grow the capabilities of the workforce, and deliver key governance and performance metrics
* Lead efforts of site to deliver key Innovation, Brand Change, and Supply Optimization projects
* Lead and develop team of Governance and Warehouse Professionals, reports include several L5 and L6 roles, and Union workforce
* Track & report Governance KPIs (Quality, Safety, Environment, Risk)
* Lead identification and timely resolution of safety & quality-related problems within site. Act as organizational lead for FACTS process for applicable site related issues
* Successfully embed site management systems which satisfy ISO 9000 / FSSC 22000 requirements and drive a continuous improvement / food safety culture at the site
* Work closely w/ members of site LT to share information and cooperate in joint improvement projects
* Roll out and embed MMS systems throughout Governance and Warehouse teams, driving sustainable KPI improvements
* Troubleshoot Supplier, production, and distribution issues
* Ensure compliance to site Governance programs through internal audit & assurance
* Build and maintain partnerships w/ Brand Tech Center, Procurement, NA Quality Org, and Supply Chain
* Ensure site operates efficiently, adheres to Diageo Global Risk Management Standards (GRMS)
* Assure completion of corrective action plans to address audit findings, improvement opportunities, customer and consumer complaints
* Effective two-way communication cross all levels of the organization
Qualifications and Experience Required:
* 7+ years Governance experience in beverages, food, packaging or a related industry.
* In-depth knowledge of management systems and risk management w/in food or CPG production environment, including identification, assessment, control, crisis management and business recovery plan
* Knowledge of internal processes and procedures and understanding of interfaces between Supply & Demand
* Degree in a relevant physical science or engineering
* Leadership of management Systems across Quality and Assurance w/ specific experience in FSSC 22K, and ISO 9001 (preferred)
* Strong knowledge and understanding of Statistical Process Control
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Diageo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes.
Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Diageo employees or any other company location. Diageo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
External Job Title Governance and Technical Director
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.