CH2M is now Jacobs. Graduates, interns and placements are key to the overall success of CH2M. We invest in initial career experience of graduates, interns and apprentices through the summer internship and graduate development programme. This serves as the foundation to building our pipeline of future leaders.
Additionally, through offering opportunities via our initial career experience programmes, we also intend to showcase the nature of our industry to our future leaders and provide you with an opportunity to work on projects that improve the lives of people around the world and in the communities in which we live in.
We are looking for staff who delight in developing multi-disciplinary solutions and enjoy working with other professionals in a collaborative team environment.
Our urban water team focuses on a range of project types from best practice guidance documents, research and development studies, surface water management plans, flood risk assessments, drainage strategies, detailed engineering design, through to construction drawings and specifications. Recently, they have been working on projects such as Lower Thames Crossing (London), Army rebasing programme (Wiltshire & Hampshire), Highways England drainage design for motorway safety projects (Manchester), and the North South Spine Road (North Somerset).
As a graduate working within our urban water team at our Exeter office, you will be involved in:
- Feasibility studies to determine project viability
- Undertaking design of surface water drainage systems including SuDS
- Building and running surface water drainage models
- Geospatial analysis
- Developing design drawings using CAD
- Undertaking calculations and other technical analysis in support of the team Drafting technical reports to support planning and / or design of projects
You will also be encouraged and supported to work towards gaining professional accreditation with the Institution of Civil Engineers and chartered engineer status with the Engineering Council.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- We expect our candidates to have graduated with or expecting to graduate with a with a minimum 2.1 or Merit Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Excellent communication verbal and written
- Practical, problem solving and engineering abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- High motivation to join CH2M
- Ability to challenge accepted practice and exhibit original thought, but be able to follow instructions
- Flexible team player, able to work with different project teams in the office and across offices
- Keen to accept responsibility
- CAD / Civils 3D and GIS capability would be desirable, and hydraulic modelling skills would be advantageous.
- Specific experience of Microdrainage software and / or Infoworks CS / ICM would be preferable.
- Spreadsheet design and/or manipulation skills would be advantageous as would strong analytical skills.
If you are interested in applying to us for these roles please submit your application with an up-to-date resume.
Your CV/ Resume should be no more than one to two pages and should include (as a minimum) the following:
Your contact details (email ID, contact number, address)
Educational qualifications, including the grades you’ve received.
If you are an international student, please tell us about your grades, regardless of the form they take (percentages are welcome, as well as other types of grades – feel free to describe them so that we understand what they mean for you and your school)
Professional certifications (if any)
Any interesting projects or internships you’ve undertaken, and any other information that you think will help our team get to know you professionally
Work permits and visas will not be sponsored for this position. If there are no means of securing a work permit and you are interested in working for us, then you can visit www.ch2m.com/careers and search for vacancies in the countries where you have the right to work or can secure one easily. We have offices around the world and all of the positions are posted on our website.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.