This Hadoop Developer (Consultant) position in Network Business Intelligence – Engineering Applications (NBI-Apps) will be working in a fun, challenging, fast-paced environment using Agile methodologies to develop solutions in a Hadoop cluster. This is an opportunity to be involved from the ground up on an entirely new Hortonworks Hadoop installation. Projects are in support of the Windstream Engineering organization and include ingestion, manipulation, and analysis of a variety of data types including: equipment and circuit inventory, Element Management System content, equipment alarms, performance metrics, and equipment utilization statistics. This system will impact data quality initiatives, capacity management decisions, network spares tracking, automated network provisioning, and network fault prediction; among other Windstream efforts.
We are looking for a Hadoop Developer responsible for designing and implementing the ingestion strategies, data transformations, and analytic processes necessary to supply our Business Intelligence team with prepared insights. Your primary focus will be development of Nifi and Sqoop processes for data ingestion, Spark jobs and Hive tables for data transformation, best-practice utilization of HBase and JanusGraph for graph solutions, data security and governance with Ranger/Atlas, and consulting on adoption or incorporation of all new Hadoop ecosystem software. Additionally; skills and experience with SQL scripting, Python scripting, general data science, Linux command line tools, and graph solutions will be necessary to implement planned Hadoop projects. The position demands a self-starter who is comfortable engaging other developers to achieve goals and working across functional groups.
– Development of data preparation and data analytics solutions in a Hadoop environment.
– Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
– Manage projects to completion through coordination of cross-functional groups.
– Manage work through Agile tools/methodology, collaborative repositories, issue tracking platforms, and wikis.
– Extensive experience in software development and planning.
– Strong experience with Hadoop technologies including but not limited to: Nifi, Sqoop, Hive, Spark, HBase, JanusGraph, Ranger, and Atlas.
– Proficiency in SQL, Python, graph-based solutions, and Linux command line tools.
– Drive to succeed and improve personally to add value to the role, team, and company.
– Self-starter, relentlessly curious, resourceful, collaborative, and inventive.
– Good team player and communicator.
– Highly organized and meticulous.
– Positivity and the desire to solve problems in elegant and creative ways.
– Experience with a variety of Relational databases including: Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, MS SQL Server
– Networking understanding
– Proficiency in Linux server administration
– Experience and/or familiarity with various functional areas pertaining to telecommunications networks.
o Circuit design
o Traffic engineering
o Network system design
o Equipment planning
o IP/Transport/Access planning/engineering
– Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
– Ensuring the quality of applications through unit testing.
– Experience with use of and/or development against some or all the following platforms.
– MS Visio(or comparable).
– Agile Planning understanding.
– Experience working with large, disparate data sets.
College degree in Engineering or a related field and 5-7 years professional level experience with 0-2 years supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or 9+ years professional level related Engineering/Technical experience with 0-2 years supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Engineering/Technical experience required. IND123
EEO Statement: Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.
on Company Website
Job ID: ********
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Windstream, a Fortune 500 company, is a leading nationwide provider of advanced network communications. We offer a range of enterprise-class data, voice, network and cloud services to help keep your business in a perpetual state of winning. Our smart solutions and personalized service are designed to help businesses overcome obstacles and achieve their business goals. At Windstream, we take the time to understand your pain points, the challenges your business faces and the goals of your leadership team in order to provide valuable technical advice and customized whiteboard solutions that position your company for success. Contact Info
– 301 Main Street
Matthews, NC 28105
View Company Profile
Don’t miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.