Halcyon Financial Technology provides information technology solutions to private equity, hedge fund, investment management firms, and family offices. We are a technology company led by technologists, serving firms with a collective AUM of more than $185 billion.
We strive to provide excellent client service at every level and in every interaction. We take client service so seriously that client satisfaction is the one and only SLA we guarantee to our clients.
We work as a team to meet the ever-evolving needs of our clients. We never settle for the easiest or quickest solution. Instead, we seek out the best long-term solution for our clients. We never get bored. We never slow down. There is a sense of urgency in everything we do. Our clients expect more. We deliver more.
HalcyonFT is Excellence in IT.
The Senior Systems Administrator will support our growing clients’ IT and IS needs. This is a hands-on role requiring the ability to work within a team, drawing on expertise and exceptional judgment while working with end users at the highest level within organizations. This individual will work closely with and report to the Manager of Client Services – Northern California.
- Architecting, project management, implementation, and maintenance of small-to-medium sized environments. Typically delivering solutions utilizing a hybrid or full cloud architecture
- Implement and manage VMware environment and Windows servers, including patching, critical updates, and upgrades
- Implement and manage network infrastructure such as firewalls, switches, and routers
- Implement and manage BCP and DR environments, document setup, and annual testing
- Manage and collaborate on client projects, including IT audits for new engagements, security vulnerability testing, and application selection and implementation
- Work closely with service providers to monitor systems and resolve issues
CLIENT SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support daily operations on site and remotely; perform IT work at clients’ homes as needed
- Deliver the highest-quality support to clients
- Build and maintain trust and rapport with clients
- Translate complex technical solutions to end users and decision makers
- Available to be on call to respond to clients’ requests for support or issues with the clients’ infrastructure
- Direct and delegate work among team members
- Mentor junior employees
- Willing and eager to help other team members
- Collaboration- know when to lead, know when to follow
- Cultivate an environment of ongoing learning and professional development
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- 8+ years of general IT experience, including extensive experience in customer-facing roles
- Expertise with operating systems/servers including Microsoft Windows Server, HP and Dell servers
- Experience with server migration from on-premise to cloud solutions
- Experience performing cybersecurity audits using vulnerability and penetration tools
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong time management and ability to prioritize
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work effectively under pressure
- Ability to maintain composure and professionalism in stressful situations
- Education: High school degree required, college degree strongly preferred
- CISSP, MCSE certifications
- Infrastructure experience with Azure, AWS, VMware, Cisco, and Meraki
- Experience providing ongoing support to C-suite executives
- Experience working in a similar role at a private equity firm, hedge fund, asset management firm, or investment bank
THE BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR HALCYON
- Exposure to cloud technologies such as O365, Dropbox, Box, Salesforce, Slack and Azure
- Opportunities to work with leading edge hardware such as Nutanix and Cisco Meraki
- Part of a team of senior technicians that aim to deliver exceptional service
- Generous compensation
- Best-in-class benefits: medical, dental, and time off
- Quarterly profit-sharing bonuses
- Opportunities to earn technical certifications
- 1% of profits contributed to non-profits every quarter
To apply for this job please visit www.halcyonft.com.