CAE is a global leader in training for the civil aviation, defence and security, and healthcare markets. Backed by a 70-year record of industry firsts, we continue to help define global training standards with our innovative virtual-to-live training solutions to make flying safer, maintain defence force readiness and enhance patient safety. We have the broadest global presence in the industry, with 8,000 employees, 160 sites and training locations in over 35 countries. Each year, we train more than 120,000 civil and defence crewmembers and thousands of healthcare professionals worldwide. ***********
Role and ResponsibilitiesThis position will be located in Louisville, TNSummary
Hardware Engineer works on development and deployment of modifications to training support devices. Responsible for implementing, testing and documenting instructional systems hardware baseline changes. Hardware Engineer follows accepted commercial developmental guidelines such as Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)/Electronic Industries Alliance (EIA) 12207 for all new or modified hardware. Performs as the liaison between ANGB client and the KC135 BOSS program for all program hardware support and development needs for all training devices. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– Provide analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of hardware for products.
– Install, configure and maintain training equipment, including site preparation.
– Perform diagnostics and ongoing support for various training devices and systems.
– Assist in managing administrative tasks such as physical inventory of hardware and software license compliance.
– Develop test strategies, devices, and systems.
– Develop and support hardware technical specifications, vendor work scopes, technical manuals and drawings associated with hardware modifications.
– Perform stress and performance tests on a variety of hardware including circuit boards, processors, structures and wiring.
– Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
– Generate preliminary and detailed designs as required for enhancements or modifications to existing designs, requiring the application of current industry design concepts and utilization of basic technical writing skills.
– Draft and/or change hardware drawings as required using industry standard drafting software.
– Apply established procedures where the nature of the system, project feasibility, equipment involved, programming languages to be used, etc., have already been decided.
– Perform some system design work as required.
– Apply theoretical knowledge and engineering techniques to the solution of basic analytical engineering problems assigned.
– Select or modify proven methods, mathematical formulae, previous design and test information, handbook data, or other available information related to assignments.
– Prepare and complete the design of components or portions of moderately complex functional systems, working from overall operations, functional, quality, and similar design requirements.
– Design or select needed equipment or materials.
– Perform liaison with and provides technical assistance to the test group during test preparation and actual testing phases.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
– Bachelors Degree in an Engineering discipline
– 5+ years of experience in an appropriate engineering discipline, such as Electrical, Mechanical, Electromechanical, Electrical Controls, Industrial, Computer, Engineering Science, Civil, or Aerospace.
– Must possess a DoD approved cybersecurity baseline certification commensurate to category and level of the assigned position.
– Experience in aviation or aviation related simulation systems hardware design/modification highly desired
– Understanding of military protocols and customs is essential
– Related skill areas should include technical writing and presentation skills.
– Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Word.
– Proficient in creating and modifying drawings using AutoCAD
– Ability to effectively deliver oral presentations to management and customers
– Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
– Ability to work overtime as required.
– Must be willing to work any shift or day of the week as required.
Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Will be required to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints. Must be able to generate effective oral and written presentations and proposals on complex subjects.
Must be able to calculate figures and amounts, prices, commissions, and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. An ability to interpret complex customer requirements and attitudes from verbal, non-verbal, and written communication is desirable. Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and drawings.
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
– Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personnel Security Clearance.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
– Domestic and international travel as required.
– Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds over head.
– Must be able to walk and/or climb stairs and ladder into a simulator or airplane cockpit.
– Must be able to stoop, bend, and crawl on top or under the device.
– Must be able to detect odors or hear noises, bangs, etc., or other sounds to detect problems or flaws in the functioning of simulators and its surrounding environment.
– Must be able to distinguish colors.
– Shop floor environment.
– Will be working in areas with risk of electrical shock from moving mechanical parts driven by hydraulics under high pressure.
– Will at times be exposed to the following conditions: extreme heat, airborne particles, loud noises
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CAE USA Inc. is an EOE/AA employer and gives consideration for employment to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If youd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEO is the Law poster.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CAE is firmly committed to ensuring a positive and professional working environment in which all people are treated with dignity and respect. We aim to provide a fair and consistent method for filling job openings in support of equality of opportunity and cultural diversity within the company.
The masculine gender is used throughout this job description solely to make the text easier to read and therefore applies to both men and women.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.