The Blue Shield of California Promise Health Equity team is critical to the success of Blue Shield of California and the Medi-Cal business in achieving established Health Equity goals. The Health Equity Business Analyst, Consultant – Medi-Cal will report to the Senior Director, Chief Health Equity Officer. In this role you will support the Health Equity Office to design and implement strategies and programs to identify and reduce health disparities within the Medi-Cal population served.
In this role, you will:
- Provide highly complex analytical support through the analysis and interpretation of data in support of cross-functional business operations
- Lead the development of annual operating plans, capital budgets and forecasts, and build business cases for new business initiatives (cost/benefit analysis)
- Develop, prepare, and analyze reports with highly complex analysis and data for management review, and presents to various levels of management
- Define business requirements and provide analysis to increase operational efficiency
- Provide analytical support for multiple, highly complex cross-functional projects simultaneously, establish work plans and timelines, coordinates with internal and external resources
- Lead program activities consistent with Medi-Cal Health Equity Transformation Program requirements and audit activities. Manage Program documents; support submission activities; prepare gap and risk analyses; and support coordination to manage corrective action
- Develop and implement programs, policies, reports, and procedures aimed at improving health equity and reducing health disparities, including but is not limited to; preparing trilogy documents, assessment and recommendation reports, designing frameworks for cross-functional application of health equity integration; prepare and oversee website content; coordinating staff training and engagement activities
- Support the Health Equity Office in planning and facilitating the Quality Improvement and Health Equity Committee; partner with cross-functional teams to procure reports; prepare and maintain Committee documents
- Support oversight of targeted interventions designed to eliminate health disparities, coordinating with cross-functional areas to maintain and report outcomes and impact analyses
- Support the National Committee for Quality Assurance Health Equity Accreditation efforts
Your Knowledge and Experience
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Requires at least 7 years of prior relevant experience
- Minimum of 3 years of Medi-Cal Program Managed Care experience managing and implementing state-mandated programs
- Experience developing and implementing health policies and delivering on regulatory compliance required
- Experience leading NCQA accreditation activities required; knowledge of NCQA Health Equity Accreditation preferred
- Experience supporting audit processes for routine regulatory audits and surveys
The pay range for this role is: $ 94160.00 to $ 141240.00 for California.
Please note that this range represents the pay range for this and many other positions at Blue Shield that fall into this pay grade. Blue Shield salaries are based on a variety of factors, including the candidate's experience, location (California, Bay area, or outside California), and current employee salaries for similar roles.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.