Assures complete and accurate maintenance of clinical information in medical record systems and master patient index by utilizing problem-solving and analytical skills.
Responsible for monitoring work queue requests or problem tickets and interacts with other departments and resources to research documentation discrepancies or omissions.
Facilitates the chart correction process with end users by following regulatory requirements and Virtua policies and procedures to coordinate timely corrections and perform resolution verification.
Required to participate in an on-call schedule to assist with resolution of patient linking or duplicate medical record numbers that could lead to patient safety issues.
– Responsible for researching any reported clinical documentation discrepancies or omissions in the Virtua electronic medical record and patient portal including potential identity theft situations or patient amendment requests.
– Performs reconciliation of the patient data to assure documentation including clinical, transcription, demographic data, etc. are correct.
– Collaborates and communicates with clinical end users and other departments to coordinate the correction process to assure integrity of the documentation.
– Initiates the management of inappropriate patient record overlays requiring correction in the Virtua systems.
– Understands the registration and clinical systems integration to troubleshoot and determine appropriate course of action when errors are identified.
– Supports the organization’s accounts receivable goals through timely resolution of patient demographic and data integrity issues.
– Responsible for daily monitoring of chart or data correction requests obtained through ticketing process, in-basket, email and telephone requests and utilizes analytical skills to prioritize and determine best course of action to take to make corrections.
– Creates chart correction cases in system and follows guidelines, policies and procedures to determine possible solutions to chart correction needs. Communicates with staff using these same system methods to provide follow-up of corrections made.
– Attends training and researches system functionality issues to keep knowledge current and demonstrates the skills necessary to use the appropriate system software as job duties dictate.
– Acknowledges and adapts to changing workflow functions and priorities and provides input or makes changes needed to organizational policies and procedures.
– Promotes collaboration and teamwork with the EMPI/data integrity team by supporting team efficiency and effectiveness for quality and quantity of work output as measured by direct observation or through results of customer satisfaction survey. Identifies and communicates system, patient, and staff concerns to appropriate management as it relates to errors in patient or chart data.
– Participates in rotational on-call schedule for systems/function support to assist with research and resolution of issues with proper linking of patient medical record numbers for provider access and duplicate medical record number resolution as needed for patient care/safety issues.
– Understands reporting capabilities of all systems utilized in order to run reports when requested, analyze data and provide feedback to managers on staff productivity and system usage. Can provide assistance to end users on the basic care and maintenance of the equipment and software and professionally interacts with all levels of users including administration, physicians, and other customers.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
Health Information Management or Information Systems background with two years of related work experience in a clinical setting or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Exceptional PC skills, ability to function well in a team environment, effective and professional communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Associate’s Degree in Health Information Management or other related field is preferred, equivalent experience will be considered.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.