Höegh Autoliners is a people-driven company with the belief that businesses should not only be forming lasting services but also lasting careers. We want to work with people who are incredibly team-oriented, jump head-first into a challenge, and always maintain a high-bar for excellence.
If that sounds like the type of team you want to join, we can’t wait to meet you!
A Little About Us
Höegh Autoliners is a global player in Ro/Ro deep sea transportation services and operates the greenest fleet in this segment. The company owns and operates approx. 40 Pure Car and Truck Carriers (PCTCs) in global trade systems, making around 3 000 port calls yearly. Managed from a worldwide network of around 16 offices, our main customers are major manufacturers of new cars, heavy machinery and other rolling stock. We are working towards a goal of zero emissions by 2040 and have an exciting roadmap to achieve this.
A Lot About You
You are a dedicated Full-stack Software Engineer with practical and hands-on experience in Front-End and Back-End development, and someone who embodies the ability to transform a dated stack into something automated, modern, containerized and potentially serverless.
You will work in our Manila office and will directly report to the IT Development & Digitalisation Manager. This is temporary work from home job opportunity.
- Develop APIs and frontends – Full-stack development
- Server-side coding and debugging with Java and SQL databases
- Participate in Requirements Specifications with stakeholders (both functional and non-functional)
- Participate in a Scrum process and in cooperation with the team, the end result is tested in establishing regression and launched to production –
- Scalability and performance optimization
- Create and perform Tests and Quality Assurance (all tests before End-to-End Testing) e.g. Unit Tests, Component tests, functionality tests automations
- Contribute and adhere to quality control coding standards and best practices
- Third line support and defect correction
- Participate in API creation and RESTful services implementation
- Monitor the build, test and other software quality-oriented status during the CI/CD pipeline
- Drive a full-stack development culture
- Deliver/Deploy application to Development Environment and Staging Environment
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical qualification
- 5 to 7 years’ minimum experience as a Full-stack Developer
- Worked with either React, Vue or Angular
- Hands-on experience with automated testing and writing good maintainable tests
- Experience with Java and PL/SQL Coding
- Worked with J2EE and knowing all the pitfalls
- Track record of successfully establishing standards for coding, building and deployment
- Understand HTTP and other typical web standards
- Knowledge and experience in designing APIs RESTful services and message-based systems
- Worked with CI/CD tooling and methods
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment
Nice To Have
- Experience with other Agile methodologies and frameworks like Kanban, Scrumban SAFe, LeSS
- DevOps interests and experience with Docker
- Experience with architectural design of system
We believe that building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment for working and learning leads to a better workplace, better ideas and more inspiring conversations.
To apply for this job please visit career2.successfactors.eu.