Horseshoe Tunica IT Market Engineer I (FT)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
* Provide specialized technical problem solving and problem resolution skills.
* Work with management and Enterprise IT to resolve complex business, computer system
and data communication problems.
* Install, upgrade and maintain gaming hardware & software products.
* Plan and coordinate all hardware installations, changes and updates with vendors and
users, adhering to the IT Change Control Process.
* Administer and control updates/changes to production programs, files and databases.
* Recommend application design changes to management and Enterprise IT to maximize
* Plan, schedule and load new versions of the Host Platform operating system and related
vendor patches or temporary fixes as defined in the Product Support Agreement.
* Provide first or second level problem determination/ isolation and recovery support for
Host Platform computer systems.
* Update, direct and escalate problems for final resolution.
* Analyze and recommend tools and service aids for system/network operation and problem determination.
* Report results from technical research, system performance reports and problem resolutions to upper management.
* Collect and analyze system data for quality assurance of technical design and optimum
* Adjust system parameters to achieve peak system performance.
* Administer systems and tools to analyze and secure computer system programs and
database files to comply with audit and regulatory requirements.
* Assist in the research, evaluation and support of new technologies (hardware and
software) for ongoing productivity and resource improvements.
* Assist in planning by communicating with project / product teams, clients and vendors.
* Effectively contributes to the engineering process and roles as outlined in the HIT project
* Recommends changes for improved system implementations/modifications.
* Practices, and adheres to system management criteria and policies and procedures.
* Practices, and enforces change control process.
* Ensures established enterprise standards are followed and enforced during system
* Ensures that the infrastructure resources meet committed user expectations, including
projects for future usage and growth.
* Provides consistent support for existing infrastructure and programs.
* Updates and adjusts service, product, and support as needed.
* Analyzes infrastructure for evidence of unsatisfactory or unusual operating conditions.
* Builds knowledge of products and direction through vendor interaction.
* Appropriately leverages vendor resources to efficiently resolve issues.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
1 – 3 years’ work experience in a technical support environment, supporting multiple high-end
computer systems. General understanding of production operating systems, transaction processing systems, relational database architecture, wide and local area networks, communication protocols, real-time systems, mission-critical gaming systems, IT industry standards, as well as various types of computer terminal equipment.
Associates degree in a computer-science related field or equivalent experience in a multiple Host
Platform technical support environment required.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.