Job Board Powered by Bullhorn
Jun 7, 2018
Job #2524: Furniture
Job Code: #2524
Title: Houston – Project Manager
Job Type: Direct Hire
Project Manager – Healthcare Renovation
Prestigious International Design Build Company
This company is a design-build workplace solution provider, handling everything associated with a project on behalf of the owner, including project management, interior design package, construction, procurement, installation and project management. By aligning our core values with exceptional people, products, and services, they are leading the design-build community.
We are currently seeking a full-time Project Manager with a minimum of 7 years’ experience with a significant amount of healthcare (renovation) experience. Candidate must be highly organized and possess excellent communication skills. This position is responsible for managing small to medium complex projects and provides a single point of contact for those projects. This person will be accountable for establishing project management framework, tracking progress, managing risk and controlling change in the order to ensure delivery that meets time, cost and quality objectives. This position requires in-depth knowledge and proven application of project management methodologies and full project life-cycle processes. Duties will include accurately reviewing project construction documents, reviewing shop drawings and project submittals and must be knowledgeable of construction codes and compliance. The Project Manager must have strong interpersonal skills and willing to be hands-on. Leadership and creative problem solving ability is necessary for success in this position. Candidate must be willing to travel.
The company offers full medical, dental, and vision benefits, life and disability insurance, competitive salaries, paid vacation and holidays, a 401K plan with company matching, and the potential for bonuses.
– Ensure proper systems, procedures and processes are used to effectively maintain drawings and drawing databases
– Work with client early in the project to facilitate the design process with the chosen design professionals
– Oversee project team and consultants with the responsibility to set and meet deadlines
– Generate transparency on project progress at the defined milestones; ensure identification and continued communication of critical situations within the project
– Project Managers work closely with owners and the design team to ensure preliminary concept drawings are developed
– Participate in kick-off meetings to review scope of work, discuss ways to reduce costs and provide value engineering ideas
– Bring timely decisions and escalations to project management and upper management or owner when necessary
– Cost forecasting and financial reporting on projects assigned
– Management of change orders and procurement process
– Prioritize drafting requests and schedule drawing work to meet deadlines
– Monitor budget and ensure projects stay within budget
– Maintain proficiency in the current release of AutoCAD drafting software, Microsoft Windows operating system and Microsoft Office software
– Review drawings and make applicable updates based on field input from Project Managers and Project Engineers
– Responsible for coordinating a team effort to complete a project promptly and timely
– Work with applicable managers across the organization to assure complete and appropriate resourcing for projects.
– Review construction documents and shop drawings and coordinate the two accordingly
– Provide timely technical assistance and solutions to the team
Participate in project meetings and conference calls as required
– Control project scope and acquire the necessary approval for changes
– Participate in the establishment, organization and implementation of short and long range goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures monitor and evaluate project process effectiveness and implement changes required for improvement.
– Strong organizational skills
– Comprehensive knowledge of AutoCAD
– Knowledge of interior building construction methods
– Ability to solve complex problems through analytical approaches
– Dynamic organizational and planning skills, evident by the ability to effectively and efficiently manage a multitude of varied project tasks
– Remain cost conscious and aware of every aspect of the project at all times
– Ability to communicate effectively with everyone involved in the project
– Knowledge about various materials and methods used during construction
– Knowledge of various building codes
– Computer literate (Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook)
– Ability to organize and maintain files, drawings, purchase orders, and other technical data
– Practical but creative; we are an innovative company that values innovative employees
– Expert skills in reading and interpreting construction plans and specifications
– Expert verbal and written communication skills
– Must have ability to work effectively in a high pressure, multi-tasking environment, drive projects forward and meet or exceed deliverables
The key skill for an Project Manager is the ability to effectively use AutoCAD software. and knowledge of related fields are also useful. Excellent communications skills will be essential to your success; interpersonal, listening, oral, and written.
– A Bachelor’s degree in design or construction related field
– 7 years’ minimum experience is required and a minimum of 4 years in project management
– Project management experience is a plus
– Expert level skill in AutoCAD is required
– Expert knowledge of building products, construction details, and regulations is required
– Visual awareness and an eye for detail
– Must possess a positive attitude
– Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Microsoft Project is required
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.