I/S Agile Project Manager – Workplace Solutions – Omaha, NE
Job no: ******
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Information Technology, Project Management/Business Analyst
As an Agile Project Manager, you’ve always had an eye toward the future. This job gives you the power to transform it. In a rare opportunity to become part of a far-reaching initiative that will transform the workplace of your coworkers and the experience of our customers, making work more seamless and lives easier. You’ll be part of a team that will migrate Mutual of Omaha’s entire workload from a heritage, on-premise J2EE environment to the public cloud. This will involve, not a ‘lift and shift’ or ‘cloud ready’ exercise, but a full-blown ground-up design. You’ll help implement a 12-factor, domain-driven design. You’ll oversee the development of microservices and event-driven architecture. You’ll facilitate a transformative user experience. While it goes without saying, you’ll have exposure to technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, Prometheus, Grafana, Kafka, ELK, Lambda, Spring Boot and Groovy, this opportunity is much bigger than any platform. This is an opportunity for big-picture thinking. For changing mindsets. For realizing possibilities. And for using your skills and project management excellence to make a meaningful difference. Combine your power with ours, and let the transformation begin.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
* Work in a Scaled Agile environment on a stable team that consists of both technical and business resources. Serve as the Scrum Master for one cross-functional stable team delivering technology solutions (up to 15 fully dedicated resources). Facilitate the team to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization.
* Serve as the process expert and helps educate the team in Scrum, XP, Kanban and SAFe. Ensures the SAFe framework and Agile process is being followed.
* Responsible for managing the overall planning, execution, and delivery of all run, grow and transform work being performed by a stable team. This may include the management of projects to include the definition of project charters, budgets, and measures as well as developing project structures and ensuring proper operations turnover.
* Facilitate the day-to-day coordination of work and removal of impediments while adhering to standards and Product Management prioritization/PI Objectives.
* Responsible for tracking work status and managing issues and risks to include financial analysis, evaluation of progress/quality/costs, developing action plans to address gaps or risks, adherence to compliance and procurement processes, and problem resolution.
* Responsible for building and leading high performing teams, including building strong product owner, sponsor, solution lead, stakeholder, vendor, customer, and team relationships.
* Responsible for work to implement or enhance a wide range of business system and/or technology solutions, which span a number of disciplines, including development, programming, implementation, compliance, and information management.
* Facilitate continuous Improvement/growth plans for the team in several domains, such as DevOps, Operational Excellence, Customer Experience and use of Customer Insights.
* This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
* This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
* Strong communicator with conflict resolution skills.
* Able to define issues, business/technology needs, and implement solutions.
* Experience with development theories and processes.
* Able to adapt quickly to new business and technology.
* Able to manage work across technologies, domains, and business functions.
* Knowledge of project management, risk management, procurement management and change management.
* Credible understanding of different technology and domains (mainframe, client server, web, new development, infrastructure, server, vendor relationships, etc).
* It’s also important that you’ve mastered the following skills:
* Interpersonal – establish and maintain interpersonal relationships and display strong facilitation skills. Actively demonstrate high personal integrity and ability to earn trust from others.
* Servant Leadership- advocate change, support team building, recognize contributions and celebrate accomplishments. Empower and develop people, demonstrate humility and authenticity, provide direction rather than ‘giving orders.’ Coach others and seek and apply feedback often. Create an environment of trust where it is safe to challenge, experiment and fail without fear.
* Professional – understand and execute Agile project management processes and industry best practices which include, but are not limited to, effective PI Planning, monitoring work, managing scope, managing resources, ensuring quality control, maintaining effective communication with team and all stakeholders, managing risk, and monitoring and controlling costs.
* Partnership – demonstrate customer focus and knowledge of product, functional and operational processes, business and technology systems and utilizes innovation and adaptability in solution definition with a results orientation.
BONUS POINTS (relevant experience is a plus):
* Bachelors in related field of study (Business Administration/Management Information Systems)
* SP (SAFe Practitioner)
* SSM (SAFe Scrum Master)
* SA (SAFe Agilist)
* C.A.P.M (Certified Associate in Project Management)
* P.M.P. (Project Management Professional)
* C.S.P (Certified Scrum Practitioner)
* PMI-ACP (Agile Certified Practitioner)
* Continuing professional education related to position (20 hours per year)
* Industry knowledge and application (2-5 business partners, use of 4-7 systems)
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.6 million individual product customers and 36,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, we you have the tools to be your best self at work. Here you’ll do meaningful work and your talents will have a positive impact on peoples’ lives as we help our customers protect what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse, dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become engaged feel a sense of belonging and contribute to the company’s exceptional future.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-************. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-************.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Aug 8, 2019 09:00 AM Central Daylight Time
to search results
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.