Web Developer will possess skills for full stack development and will be passionate about building software applications, ranging from interactive websites and mobile applications to conversational interface applications across our portfolio of projects. Web Developer will be comfortable with the entire web stack, from implementing visual designs, working with back-end databases and working on emerging technologies. This is a tremendous opportunity for growth in our fast growing organization.
Web Developer may work on many of the cutting-edge research areas at Mount Sinai, including:
– Write supporting code for Web applications or Web sites.
– Design, build, and maintain Web sites, using design applications and front-end techniques.
– Write, design, or edit Web page content, or direct others producing content.
– Select programming languages, design tools, or applications.
– Maintain understanding of current Web technologies or programming practices through continuing education, reading, or participation in professional conferences, workshops, or groups.
– Analyze user needs to determine technical requirements.
– Develop Web site maps, application models, image templates, or page templates that meet project goals, user needs, or industry standards.
– Develop and document style guidelines for Web site content.
– Develop or implement procedures for ongoing Web site revision
– Create the visual elements including videos, illustrations, 3D renders and animation and implement the multimedia content into the websites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Understanding business requirements and their translation to technical requirements
– Working in a highly collaborative setting, pair programming and design pairing is a must
– Implementing application features and new design
– Diagnosing and fixing bugs with rapid turnaround
– Master’s or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Biomedical Informatics, Biomedical Engineering or Bachelor degree with relevant hands-on experience.
– 3+ years of experience as a Full Stack Developer
– Fluent with HTML5, CSS, NGINX, PM2, and rich interaction experiences to building performant backend API behaviors and evolvable data schemas
– Developing and consuming .NET Core Web API via REST protocol
– Working understanding of SQL and database connectivity
– Good organization and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to productively work as a member of a team.
– Knowledge and experience with software engineering best practices such as: version control, code review, unit/regression testing, continuous development/continuous integration, agile development cycle.
About Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai:
The Mount Sinai Health System is New York City’s largest academic medical system, encompassing eight hospitals, a leading medical school, and a vast network of ambulatory practices throughout the greater New York region. The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai is committed to improving the human health conditions by conducting innovative clinical and translational research, implementation of evidence-based patient-centered interventions and biomedical education. Our vision is to transform biomedical research and healthcare delivery into a data-driven, evidence-based, patient-tailored discipline. By maximally leveraging information from patients around the world, we deliver premier precision care optimized for each patient, while discovering breakthrough, next-generation treatments through insights derived from cutting-edge analytics applied to unprecedented amounts of patient-derived data.
To apply for this job email your details to Joseph.Finkelstein@mssm.edu