The Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) Display and Optics team focuses on moving the state-of-art display and optical technologies forward for Facebook AR/VR products, which gives people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. The team is responsible for technology development and maturation, component design, novel manufacturing processes and metrology development, and system integration of display and optics for all Facebook AR/VR products.We are looking for an image quality engineer who can bring together the disparate simulation models of the component parts of our image chain, and employ this end-to-end pipeline in a continuous feedback loop to optimize product image quality requirements against system constraints.
- Work cross-functionally with silicon, graphics, perception and display teams to implement pipeline models, and to simulate end-to-end performance of our image pipeline using those models
- Implement system simulations of pipeline components using a mixture of C/C++ and MATLAB
- Validating simulations with unit tests and perceptual metrics
- Using simulation results to propose improvements to aspects of the pipeline, and verification of those improvements by modeling and human factors testing
- Perform tradeoff analyses against visual quality metrics
- Bachelors/Masters degree or equivalent experience, in image processing, displays or optics, or related field
- Proficiency in both C/C++ and MATLAB
- Experience in taking image-based (e.g. camera, printer, display) products to market
- Understanding of typical image processing algorithms and SW/HW implementation through the entire pipeline
- Experience in managing production-level tradeoffs required in typical image pipelines
- Experience in working as part of a cross-functional team and familiarity with typical software/hardware design processes
- A solid understanding of the human visual system, color science and perceptual aspects
- Experience in human factors testing and psychometric testing paradigms
- Background in developing custom image processing silicon
- Prior experience in display systems, especially AR/VR
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.