IMS Edge/LCC Operations Engineer – ENG001422
The LCC Operations Engineer is responsible for ensuring the highest availability and reliability of core network services including 5G, 4G LTE, VoLTE, CDMA, and infrastructure support systems at their assigned LCC facility. The LCC Operations Engineer is responsible for 24×7 network restoral, tier-3 level advanced support, customer ticket resolution, vendor technical staff engagement, and disaster recovery. The LCC Operations Engineer is responsible for reducing Mean Time to Restoral (MTTR), and ensuring the highest level of customer service expectations are met, including identifying and driving process improvements for LCC Operations and the overall business.
- Responsible for providing 24×7 network service outage restoral up to and including tier-3 level support for CDMA/VoLTE voice and 3G/4G/5G data network services and equipment (including MME, SAE Gateway, Media Gateways, Aggregation Routers, legacy CDMA, Voicemail and Digital Cross Connects systems).
- Interfaces with vendor's technical staff, driving escalations, and root cause analysis, as well as develops, reviews, and communicates technical bulletins and critical alerts for network wide distribution.
- Partners with Engineering and Architecture groups by providing operational feedback on services, network designs, and architecture in the planning, testing, and acceptance of network expansion, new service and feature introduction, and software upgrades. Implements and integrates new services and technology.
- Identifies opportunities for advanced analytics and automation utilizing object-oriented programming languages such as python and R and interfaces with Analytics and Automation Engineers.
- Participates in effective change management processes to include writing/reviewing methods of procedure (MOPs), test plans, and documenting results.
- Tests and validates services for operational changes to the network, new services, and feature introduction.
- Maintains Local Connectivity Center (LCC) equipment and related peripherals to ensure proper operation and compliance with company standards to include HVAC, Generator, DC Power Plant, Fire Suppression, and Building Management System.
- Performs administrative responsibilities associated with spares inventory control, repair and return process, asset management, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance, time entry reporting, and expense reporting.
Associates Degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science, or a related field or equivalent work/military experience.
6 years or more relevant work experience and confirmed technical knowledge in the following areas:
Voice technologies (CDMA, VoLTE, SIP), data technologies (3G/4G/5G) and data networking (L2/L3 Routing, Routing protocols, VLANs).
IMS core components as they relate to the EPC and Software tools: Element Management Systems/Operational Support Systems, Netscout NG1, Wireshark, CXM. Python and R programming languages. PCAP collection and analysis
Ability to investigate service and equipment issues, fix independently, and analyze Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Excellent time management, prioritization skills, and the ability to multitask. Proficient with Microsoft Office, Windows OS, connection oriented methods (SSH, SFTP, Serial).
Able to establish and bring to bear strong working relationships with multi-functional business partners and vendors.
Bachelor of Science in Telecommunications/Computer Science or related field and Network certifications – i.e. MEF, CCNA/CCNP, Nokia SRC, NRS, CNF/CAN/CNP/CNX.
Job : Engineering
Location(s) : Virginia-LYNCHBURG_VA
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.