1st Shift, Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we’re constantly looking for ways to improve, enhance, and adapt in an ever-changing marketplace. As the Industrial Engineer, you will be responsible for identifying facility design requirements, personnel requirements, and writing work instructions and standard operating procedures. On our team, you’ll have the support to excel at work, and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Identify facility design requirements based on activity levels, product dimensional profiles, product flow, and transportation methods; create equipment and operating supply lists and provide purchase requisitions; develop IT equipment (hardware and cabling) requirements based on activity levels and work content
- Determine startup and ongoing personnel requirements based on work tasks, activity levels, and product dimensional profiles; identify management and supervisory staffing requirements based on technical requirements of work required
- Identify technical skills and education levels required by job classification; provide job descriptions, shift requirements, and manpower level to HR for hiring
- Develop training plans and train local distribution center employees using process work instructions; coordinate safety, environmental, equipment, and process training requirements with HR, Compliance, and Safety Manager
- Convert contract documents, proposals, and statements of work into work instructions and operating procedures; submit ISO compliant work instruction and standard operating procedure documents to Quality Management System
- Determine packaging/kitting requirements based on method of transportation and product dimensional profile; specify and document packaging methods; specify and purchase packaging equipment, containers/cartons, and packing (void fill) to support cartonization functionality and product dimensional profile; identify outbound labeling/documentation requirements
- Determine time estimates to develop, purchase, document, implement, and install existing and new processes, IT solutions and equipment, operational supplies, etc.
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related field
- 2 + years of professional experience
- Experience with analytical tools such as flow charts, Pareto charts, cause and effect diagrams, run charts, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project)
- Availability to travel occasionally
It’d be great if you also have:
- Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present clean, organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience; compose thorough and detailed technical documentation, procedures, manuals, etc.
- Ability to identify opportunities to increase accuracy, optimize resources, and develop, recommend, and implement solutions
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills with ability to identify and resolve problems
- Ability to develop insightful, value-added and actionable analyses with detailed explanations regarding drivers of those results; produces unambiguous, comprehensive and accurate interpretations
- Self-motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision or in a team environment; consult with team members and management as needed
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world’s most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L’Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.