Assumes responsibility for and provides guidance to the hospital-wide infection prevention control program. Serves as a resource on infection risk assessment, surveillance prevention and control strategies. Utilizes epidemiology principles to monitor the delivery of patient care and investigate potential outbreaks of infection. Maintains knowledge of external regulatory standards related to infection surveillance, prevention, and control. Ensures policies and procedures meet regulation standards.
Acts as a liaison between departments and the Infection Control Committee. Also serves as resource person for orientation, continuing staff education, patient care, the community, Employee Health and in the development of hospital wide infection control policies, procedures, and practices
- Bachelor degree in Nursing, Microbiology, Medical Technology, Epidemiology, or Master of Public Health (MPH) or other health-related field required
- Prior Infection Prevention experience is preferred
- Demonstrates experience in field of infection control of epidemiology and OSHA standards
- Must be familiar with identification of pathogens, antibiotic susceptibility testing, normal microbial flora of the human body and its distribution
- Current licensure in the state of practice if licensed as a LVN or RN
- APIC Basic Training and CBIC certification preferred
- Certification in Infection Prevention and Control (CIC) within 2 years of hire
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.