GDIT has an exciting opportunity to support U.S. Army Europe as an Information Security Analyst Advisor on our EMITS Program Team in Wiesbaden Germany.
Own your opportunity to work alongside federal civilian agencies. Make an impact by providing services that help the government ensure the well being of U.S. citizens.
The Information Security Analyst Advisor will be responsible for assisting the ISSM in ensuring that a Certification and Accreditation package is prepared and maintained in accordance with (IAW) the DoDI 8510.01 Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD Information Technology (IT). They are also tasked with verifying systems in APMS and process each accreditation package in eMASS under the RMF. The Information Systems Analyst Advisor will also be responsible
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
- Collect artifacts and develop/refine COOP/DRP; System Security Plans and Standard Operating Procedures as needed to ensure compliance with NIST SP 800-53 and CNSSI 1253.
- Ensure all IA/Cybersecurity Controls for assessment and authorization are met and ultimate submission of package to the AO for an Approval to Operate on all Software and Hardware.
- Perform Security Control Assessor (SCA-V) duties
- Perform RMF Assessment and Authorization (A&A) validations.
- Perform pre-validation A&A that includes performance of A&A testing and vulnerability scanning in order to validate IA policy; regulation; Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG); and Best Business Practice (BBP) compliance
- Perform vulnerability scanning using tools such as the DISA Gold Disk Scan and ACAS Scanner.
- Generate Evaluation Risk Reports and scorecards.
- Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization; coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
- Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
- Recognizes potential; successful; and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
- Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
- Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure; applications and operating systems.
- Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks; systems; and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies; through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
- Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments; including user accounts; application access; file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
- Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members; and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- May serve as a technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Active Secret with SSBI Clearance Required – Must be eligible for Top Secret
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; professional training or work experience.
- Must be approved for German TESA.
- 8-10 years of related experience in data security administration.
- 2 or more years direct C&A/A&A experience.
- IAM Level III certification required (CISSP/CISM/GSLC).
- Two or more years direct C&A/A&A experience required.
- Experience performing as an ACA/SCA-V.
- This position may occasionally require some physical activity; lifting objects; bending; crouching down (i.e. to troubleshoot equipment); and long periods of sitting.
- ITIL Foundation required within 90 days of hire.
#dpost #cjobs #cjpost #isdcj #GDITRecruiter #gditarmy
Years of Experience
5 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
CISSP – ISC2
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.