Information Security Analyst Senior
Transform technology into opportunity as an Information Security Analyst Senior with GDIT. A career in enterprise IT means connecting and enhancing the systems that matter most. At GDIT you'll be at the forefront of innovation and play a meaningful part in improving how agencies operate.
Responsible for coordinating the scanning and identification of vulnerabilities associated with hosts connected to the network. Maintains all tools that are used in the scanning and identification of vulnerabilities, as well as the tools used to rationalize, consolidate, and apply additional contextual information. Maintains a cooperative relationship with Engineering and Operations teams to drive remediation efforts.
How an Information Security Analyst Will Make an Impact:
- Support the ISSM to define, create, and maintain the documentation for certification and authorization of the ADCS system in accordance with requirements. They also assess the impacts on system modifications and technological advances.
- Manages system vulnerabilities in accordance with security requirements utilizing NIST continuous monitoring standards, RMF critical security controls and counter measures based on risk assessments of mission systems.
- Identify and assess specific emergency or priority vulnerabilities, guided by input from other elements of the team such as cyber intelligence, engineering, or operations and suggest specific remediation approaches.
- Analyze vulnerability data and assist with the prioritization and remediation of the identified vulnerabilities commensurate to risk and vulnerability management standards
- Understand vulnerabilities, their impacts, mitigation techniques, and document and articulate this understanding to various stakeholders
- Update and develop security standards and templates as required to meet new regulatory/audit/etc. requirements and guidance
- Improve the efficacy and efficiency of specific VM practices across the enterprise, to include vulnerability identification/assessment/remediation.
- Leverage and enhance existing VM frameworks/policies/standards to ensure VM maintains a minimum of industry best practices.
- Coordinate collection of data and documentation in support of examinations/audits
- Work with existing solution vendors (e.g., ACAS, HBSS) as necessary; identify potential solutions.
- Research, develop, implement, test and review information security in order to protect information and prevent unauthorized access.
- Responsible for gathering information necessary to maintain security and establish functioning external barriers such as firewalls and other security measures.
- Additionally, ISSOs assess and review systems in order to identify potential security weaknesses, recommend improvements to amend vulnerabilities, implement changes and document upgrades.
What you Will Need to Succeed:
- BA/BS and 3+ years of experience (additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree, 7+)
- Experience and training with Microsoft Server 2016/ 2019 or newer to include Active Directory, Radius, DNS and Group Policy
- Experience and training with virtual environments (VMware, Hyper-V, etc.)
- Familiar with maintaining and operating Trellix ENS (formerly McAfee Endpoint Security) and Tenable Security Center (ACAS) scans
- Familiar with maintaining and operating SQL server
- Experienced in applying patches/updates and STIGs
- Possess and maintain a minimum of IAT level II certification IAW the DoD directive 8140.01Cyberspace Workforce Management.
- Security Clearance Level: Secret
- Location: On Customer Site
- US Citizenship Required
GDIT Is Your Place:
- 401K with company match
- Comprehensive health and wellness packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
- Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
- Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
Years of Experience
7 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
CompTIA – Security+ CE – CompTIA
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.