This End Point Security Engineer position is fully remote, allowing you to work from home from anywhere in the US.
Promotes a positive security culture for the organization by protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data and assets while assisting the company to successfully meet its strategic goals. This role will contribute to the design, engineering, development and maintenance of security processes and solutions throughout the enterprise according to policy and risk. This role will contribute to the design, development, and maintenance of the security environment and architecture to ensure the assets are protected. Be a champion to their team and other business units to promote a secure organization through positive knowledge sharing, training, influences, and conduct.
- Manage and maintain adequate security processes and solutions to mitigate or remediate identified risks sufficiently to meet business objectives, contractual and/or regulatory requirements.
- Support incident response activities, ensuring security incidents are properly contained, eradicated, and recovered.
- Support in the development of security policies, standards and plans to ensure the protection of corporate data against unauthorized use, access, modification and destruction.
- Ensure proper security logs are generated and sent to the organization’s Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system
- Research emerging technologies in support of IT security enhancement and development efforts.
- Persistently evaluate adherence with defined policies and standards.
- Assist in identifying, remediating, and/or mitigating vulnerabilities in the environment, ensuring appropriate response to high risk and aged findings.
- Design, implement, and maintain a secure environment for Magellan Health.
- Ensure Magellan security processes and solutions are protected against a failure or attack that reduces the organizations ability to respond to security incidents.
- Ensure Magellan processes and solutions are maintained securely and highly available to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of assets
- Monitor and ensure systems revisions and patches are up-to-date.
- Manage and perform changes to the solutions and remove unnecessary services.
- Understand risks and impact to systems in the corporate environment and their interconnectivity
- Build team unity by supporting associate Engineers to understand security risks and impact to corporate solutions
- Support others in performing forensic analysis and risk assessments for the entire infrastructure.
Other Job Requirements
3+ years of relevant experience.
May substitute 2 or more relevant certifications for a year of experience.
Demonstrated knowledge or experience in 2 or more of the following information security principles: risk assessment and management, threat and vulnerability management, incident response, and identity and access management.
Understand network protocols and packet analysis tools such as TCPDUMP and Wireshark.
Knowledge of and experience with security-related systems and applications, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention, and web content filtering.
Familiarity with information security publications (e.g., NIST 800-53), incident response, problem resolution, vulnerability remediation, computer forensic techniques and eDiscovery, reviewing automated security test results, and network and host-based firewalls.
Ability to work with multi-discipline teams and cross-functional management and excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with other groups.
General Job Information
Information Security Engineer – End Point – Fully Remote
Work Experience – Required
Work Experience – Preferred
Education – Required
Education – Preferred
Bachelors – Information Security
License and Certifications – Required
License and Certifications – Preferred
CEH-Certified Ethical Hacker – Enterprise, GISP-GIAC Information Security Professional – Enterprise, GSEC-SANS GIAC Security Essentials – Enterprise, Network+ – Enterprise, Security+ – Enterprise
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Actual pay will be adjusted based on an individual's skills, experience, education, and other job-related factors permitted by law.
This position may be eligible for short-term incentives as well as a comprehensive benefits package. Magellan offers a broad range of health, life, voluntary and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing.
Magellan Health, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Every employee must understand, comply with and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position; and comply with all applicable legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements and internal policies and procedures.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.