At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As an Senior Information Specialist within PNC’s Enterprise Data Management organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA or Cleveland, OH.
The Senior Information Specialist will act as a BA doing requirements gathering for data being mapped from the source to the target. Experience in SQL, and Teradata is preferred.
AGILE experience is also preferred.
- Provides support to the business and other internal IT organizations regarding data definition standards, architectures, and policies.
- Provides support to business users for mining and interpretation of warehoused and operational data.
- Plans and performs activities regarding designed data models for systems development.
- Resolves metadata and data sourcing problems. Maintains metadata and data dictionaries.
- Manages data definitions and data traceability within data repository to improve documentation and coordination.
Manages Risk – Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank’s and unit’s risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus – Working Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Core Application Systems – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of major production application systems used for delivery of services to internal and external clients; ability to leverage said applications for use in diverse situations.
Effective Communications – Working Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Database Structures – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize appropriate database structures to organize and store data in a particular manner.
Data Warehousing – Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of how to collect data from different information sources and distribute them to users; ability to use this information to simplify information systems and make sound business decisions.
Data Administration – Working Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to manage an organization’s architectures, data resources, polices, practices and procedures to appropriately and effectively address business and stakeholder’s needs.
Analytical Thinking – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
Requirements Analysis – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of methods and techniques to elicit, analyze and record required business functionality and non-functionality requirements; ability to analyze these requirements to ensure the success of a system or software development project.
Query and Database Access Tools – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to use, support and access facilities for extracting and formatting a database management system.
Logical Data Modeling – Working Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to identify, create and document activities, tasks, processes and data requirements for a particular system under design.
Information Assurance – Working Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to protect information and information systems while ensuring their confidentiality, integrity and availability.
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2+ years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.