Seize your opportunity to make a personal impact as an Information Systems Security Officer supporting customer activities. GDIT is your place to make meaningful contributions to challenging projects and grow a rewarding career.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO), you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on an ISSO joining our highly skilled team to be a premier provider of cyber security services to the customer. We provide consummate cyber security risk management "as a service" platform across multiple fabrics and centers. We have responsibility to ensure operational IT capabilities provide the client with necessary timeliness, accuracy and security of information demanded from all our highly professional roles. Be the change, lead our change – join us!
HOW AN ISSO WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Provide information assurance support to system(s) and program
- Demonstrated experience with coordinating and implementing cyber security policies, standards and processes
- Maintain operational security posture for system(s) through customized Risk Management Framework (RMF) to ensure established security processes and procedures are followed
- Evaluate security solutions to ensure security requirements are met for processing classified information
- Provide configuration management and documentation for system software, hardware, networks, enclaves, etc.
- Prepare and review system documentation to include Systems Security Plans (SSPs), Certification and Accreditation (C&A) packages, architecture diagrams, contingency plan, incident response plan, and other documentation
- Support programmatic and organization project and risk management review boards
- Perform vulnerability scanning, risk assessment analysis using NIST 800-53 and prepare responses to Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms)
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Education: Bachelors (Computer engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information systems, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or a closely related discipline)
- Required Experience: 8+ yrs
- Required Technical Skills:
- Strong knowledge of AWS infrastructure, Commercial cloud and cloud security
- Understanding of NIST 800-53, NIST 800-37, RMF, ICD 503
- Strong written and oral communication skills to write technical analysis reports and security plans
- Security Clearance Level: TS/SCI with active polygraph
- Preferred Certifications:
- CompTIA Security+
Certified Information System Security Processional (CISSP)
Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner (CCP)
Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Location: Bethesda, MD – On Customer Site
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
- 401K with company match
- Comprehensive health and wellness packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
- Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
- Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
Years of Experience
8 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.