At the East Mississippi Correctional Facility located in Meridian, Mississippi, our foundation is based upon the philosophies of improving the lives of others and making a social impact. We provide a secure working environment for our staff while offering an at-risk population effective rehabilitation opportunities to assist with leading a healthier, more productive life. In addition to competitive wages and an opportunity to impact lives, Management & Training Corporation team members enjoy a variety of benefits including:
- Medical, vision, and prescription drug benefits
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Bereavement leave
- Civic duty and military leave
- Travel insurance
- Education assistance
We are looking for someone to fill the position as Information Systems Manager. The position summary is as follows:
Reports to the business manager. Responsible for performing intermediate level systems support work operating automated data processing equipment which has the capabilities of data storage and data computation using several different software applications in compliance with American Correctional Association (ACA) standards, Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Mississippi Department of Corrections (MDOC) directives.
- Install and repair computer hardware, software and peripherals.
- Install, maintain, and administer server and network infrastructure.
- Assist with wide area network (WAN) connections to MTC and the State of Mississippi systems.
- Maintain the necessary security controls over the software.
- Interact with staff to establish processing priorities and explain the capabilities and limitations of the available hardware and software.
- Provide training and operational assistance to personnel in the implementation and utilization of data processing hardware and/or software.
- Develop and maintain procedure manuals; prepare briefings, reports, and evaluations as to systems efficiency and utilization.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Maintain accountability of staff, inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and two (2) years experience in the support and maintenance of microcomputer systems or thirty semester hours from an accredited college or university with the course work in computer science or related field. A+ certifications, network administration and MSCA and one (1) year directly related experience preferred. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.