Tracking Code UASOCS-18-1200-F
Job Code 18-1200
Posting Title Information Technology Specialist
Post Date 9/14/2018
Full Time / Part-Time Full Time
Travel No Travel Required
City Rapid City
Description INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (UASOCS-18-1200-F):
Bowhead is actively seeking a Top Secret cleared Information Technology Specialist for Ellsworth Air Force Base, South Dakota. Individual will support the design, installation, maintenance, and administration of internal computer systems and networks in a multi-protocol LAN/WAN environment.
Essential functions may include:
– Basic configuration, monitoring, maintenance and analysis of data processing equipment, databases and video systems.
– End-to-end support for remote users of specialized remote control computer systems.
– Help Desk support, including troubleshooting and problem resolution, for all LAN/WAN hardware and software.
– Installation and upgrades to operating systems and other application software in a LAN/WAN client/server environment.
– Research and recommend products for evaluation, testing, implementation and integration.
– Maintain and manage cross platform inter-connectivity including communication protocols, directory services and log in authentication.
– Connectivity via TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, NDS, NT Domain strategies and protocols.
– Connectivity between multiple remote locations via WAN equipment and services.
– LAN/WAN security requirements through proper software/hardware tools and procedures including router and firewall management.
– Associate’s Degree or a combination of academic, military or technical training preferred
– Two (2) or more years’ experience in a similar position
– Security+ Certification
– Fundamental knowledge and technical competence in the maintenance and management of LAN/WAN computer software / hardware and video systems is required
– Familiarity with network topology, communication standards, protocols, data transmission technology, and routers/switches
– Experience in multi-protocol client server environments
– Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) desired
– Location requires a valid state issued driver’s license
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Requires an active Top Secret DoD security clearance. Must be eligible for Sensitive Compartmental Information (SCI) designation, which includes successfully passing a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI). US Citizenship is a requirement for clearance at this location
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at *****************, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (******************************************************
^ CUT/PASTE this LINK to APPLY: *********************
– Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
– Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
– The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.