TitleInformation Technology Support Analyst (Multiple Positions)(UPDATED)
DepartmentCOM Info Technology Services (0728)
LocationUniversity of Arizona Health Sciences
Please Note: The Review Start Date has been extended to 6/8/2018. The UA College of Medicine Information Technology Services Department (COM ITS) seeks two talented and energetic IT professionals to join its desktop support team. As an Information Technology Support Analyst, you will be responsible for providing exceptional computing and technology support to the administrators, faculty, staff and students of the College of Medicine. You will spend much of your time in the field, working hands-on with equipment and interacting with customers. You will also have the opportunity to provide remote support and research complex problems with your colleagues.
If you truly enjoy interacting with people, solving technical problems and helping others succeed through the effective use of technology; we want you on our team. COM ITS strives to be seen as a leader in providing technology solutions and support at the University and amongst its peer institutions. IT Support Analysts play a critical role in realizing that goal.
Note: This position may require occasional shift flexibility for early morning, evening and/or weekend work to accommodate customer requests. A typical shift would be 7:30am-4:30pm, 8:00am-5:00pm, or 8:30am-5:30pm Monday through Friday.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been listed by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers in the United States and WorldatWork and the Arizona Department of Health Services have recognized us for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona, please .
Duties & Responsibilities
– Provide prompt and professional response to requests for computing and technology support at multiple locations in the Tucson metropolitan area. This includes making contact with customers via phone, chat, e-mail and/or in-person, and resolving technical incidents on-site or by using remote tools.
– Document, classify and update the status of all support requests in the incident tracking system as work is completed. Regularly communicate the status of unresolved incident tickets with customers.
– Analyze, troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve reported problems with software, equipment and network connections.
– Deliver, set up and configure Windows 7/8/10 and Mac OS X systems, printers, scanners, mobile devices and other technology items.
– Consult with senior staff and collaborate with technology partners such as University Information Technology Services (UITS), Banner University Medicine ISS and contracted vendors, to ensure thorough and timely resolution of customer support needs. Escalate incidents to management as needed to address barriers to delivering exceptional support.
– Ensure that any network-attached devices such as desktops, laptops, mobile devices and printers are in compliance with university, college and other applicable IT security policy standards.
– Meet with faculty and staff to determine equipment and software solutions to meet project needs, conduct product/price/vendor research, and deploy solutions after acquisition.
– Maintain inventory of computing and technology equipment and software as items are deployed or relocated. Create reports and make recommendations for upgrades and replacement.
– Review self-help materials and knowledge base content for accuracy and usability. Recommend improvements and new content needs.
– Prepare documentation and provide user training on numerous IT resources.
– Provide backup coverage when needed at the IT Service Desk in the Arizona Health Sciences Library. Answer incoming telephone calls and assist walk-up customers with technology support needs.
– Share knowledge with team members through various means, including the drafting of knowledge base articles, team-meeting presentations, and the use of collaboration tools.
– Participate in instructor led or self-paced training/learning opportunities to continually sharpen technical and interpersonal skills.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
– Experience in a customer service environment with an emphasis in resolving computer and other technology problems.
– Prior work experience and comfort with the installation, configuration and support of Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X.
– Experience with the installation, usage and support of desktop applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Adobe Acrobat; EndNote; Lync/Skype; SPSS; and Sophos Antivirus.
– Experience providing PC hardware troubleshooting and replacement.
– Please also see Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications below.
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications
Three years of information technology experience in area of assignment which may include system administration, network systems administration, applications design/development, database design/development or administration, web site design/development or administration and workstation/end user support; OR, an Associates degree in Information Technology or related area AND two years of information technology experience in area of assignment which may include system administration, network systems administration, applications design/development, database design/development or administration, web site design/development and workstation/end user support; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
– Demonstrated excellence in customer service, technical problem solving and collaboration.
– Comprehensive knowledge of and prior work experience providing desktop support in a Microsoft Windows Active Directory domain environment.
– Knowledge of computer networks and remote troubleshooting techniques.
– Knowledge of and experience in Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange account administration.
– Experience in supporting mobile devices such as Apple iPads and Microsoft Surface Tablets in a business or educational setting.
– Experience in developing documentation and delivering training on the usage of computing and technology resources.
– Understanding of information security best practices and regulatory compliance areas such as HIPAA, FISMA, FERPA and PCI, and how they affect the configuration, use and support of information technology resources.
– Ability to interact in a courteous and professional manner with all levels of administrators, faculty, staff and students, including the ability to discern what needs communicated when, and the ability to effectively manage both confrontational and normal situations.
– Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
– Passion for sharing information and new technology with others.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills.
– Demonstrated success adapting to and thriving in an environment undergoing organizational change.
– Desire to continuously improve both technical and interpersonal skills.
– Ability to learn job related skills through on the job training, including observation, written and oral instruction and formal training sessions.
Full Time/Part TimeFull Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week40
Job CategoryComputer, Engineering and Technical
Benefits EligibleYes – Full Benefits
Posted Rate of Pay$14.10 – $19.33 Per Hour, DOE
Type of criminal background check required:Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to job duties)
Posting Detail Information
Number of VacanciesMultiple
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Limited to Current UA EmployeesNo
Contact Information for Candidates
Review Start Date06/08/2018
Open Until FilledYes
Special Instructions to Applicant
The Writing Sample should demonstrate the candidate’s written communication abilities. Samples relevant to the position are preferred.
Quick Link for Internal Postings
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. We translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we encourage diverse candidates to apply, including people of color, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
The University of Arizona is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.