ADP is searching for an Infrastructure Architect to join our high performance team. The successful candidate will have strong skills in systems administration, maintenance, monitoring, and production support and software deployment. This position will require 24×7 "on-call" availability to support production operations and periodic off-hour work for software deployment and maintenance.
- Build and manage multiple software development and infrastructure environments (in-house and on Amazon EC2).
- Maintain tools, processes and associated documentation and manage API Gateways (Preferred: Layer7).
- Build, deploy and manage software development tools/environments as required by the development team (Rally, Jira, Git and others).
- Deploy software in all environments; work with Production Deployment team to ensure successful deployments.
- Measure and production utilization and available capacity.
- Collect and review machine data using Splunk to gain further operational insight to improve overall systems performance.
- Work with Monitoring Engineering to deploy BPM scripts in production.
- Troubleshoot software and infrastructure problems and act as development escalation point for production issues.
- Work with hosting engineering to ensure production systems achieve highest reliability, availability and performance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- 10+ years of IT experience with 2+ years of hands-on experience in API Gateways (CA Layer7/Apigee/Kong), system administration, software deployment automation and monitoring
- Strong understanding of Unix/Linux fundamentals
- Strong understanding of Patching/Roll-back of systems
- Strong understanding of API Traffic Management, Rate-Limiting, Concurrency and Load Management
- Prior experience with HA architectures
- Working knowledge of RESTful APIs, OAuth2 authorization framework and API Gateways
- Strong Apache administration skills
- Hands-on knowledge of API Gateway (Layer7 preferred), Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SSL
- Hands-on experience and administration of Mongo, Redis, MySQL
- Experience with monitoring tools (Splunk, Datadog, Nagios etc.)
- Hands-on Experience with at-least one programming language (Python, Perl, Ruby, Go etc.)
- Working knowledge of one or more Linux Distributions (SUSE, Ubuntu etc.)
- Working knowledge of one or more Configuration Management tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Familiarity with Computer Networking
- Prior experience with Containerization is a huge plus
- Participate in a 24/7 on call rotation
- Leadership: not only at the management level, but at the individual level — having the confidence and resilience to take risks — be self empowered
- Communication: understand and express ideas/solutions in a comprehensive and practical format — knowledge sharing
- User Focus: an absolute focus on the user (internal or external) experience — every aspect of a solution should be productized for ease of use
- Improvisation: the ability to think across disciplines and existing boundaries (technologies/business/geographies) – lateral thinking
- Collaboration: teamwork with a positive approach to ambiguity
- Research: an inclination to continuous research inside and outside the current focus fields
- Influence by example: scientific proof of an idea (success or failure) as the presentation tool — represent an idea in order to promote it
- Technical Knowledge: broad and deep technical knowledge with a strong focus on data/objects and API/contracts
- Abstract Thinking: view of ideas and solutions as abstractions/patterns that can be leveraged/adapted/reused — deliver frameworks instead of point solutions
ADP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; M/F/D/V. ADP believes that diversity leads to strength.
- Prior experience working with AWS/Azure/GCP
- Any professional certifications (Linux, VMWare, AWS, CCNA etc.) are preferred
- Prior experience with Network Monitoring
- Prior experience with GTM/LTM infrastructure
We're designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you're working for. Consistently named one of the 'Most Admired Companies' by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the 'Top 50 Companies for Diversity,' ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. "Always Designing for People" means we're creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.