Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Infrastructure Engineer works on holistic engineering deliverables across different stages of the product lifecycle and determines technology patterns for the overall solution. This role takes the lead on guiding more junior engineers and is a role model in fostering the adoption of new technologies.
- Assist in maintaining high performance levels, maximum uptime and overall integrity of internal and production systems Work collaboratively with Development to deploy and operate our systems.
- Administer Advanced Analytics infrastructure in AWS.
- Automate infrastructure via infrastructure-as-code and configuration management.
- Collaborate alongside engineers and the product teams on business and operational matters
- Maintain the performance, monitoring, and scale management in the cloud environment
- Support software development processes via continuous integration and delivery.
- Design and Support Access patterns, IAM policies and overall system security.
- Look for ways to improve and streamline processes and procedures.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test and production environments.
- Achieves product commitments (and influences others to do the same) by using informal leadership & highly developed communication skills and contributes to or led technology communities
- Uses automation, system tools, open-source solutions, observability and ‘security first’ principles in daily work
- Contributes to team agile ceremonies, leads demos and presentations, helps new engineers learn established norms
- Initiates high level solution design approaches, and guides team to achieve desired key software delivery capabilities using automated, coded enterprise and observability
- Participates in internal speaking and advocacy events
- Supports research activities to adopt new technology solutions in ways of developing new capabilities
- Continues professional education and create opportunities for core product teams to learn engineering best practices
- Coaches immediate chapter and is actively fosters the adoption of new technologies
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelors – Computer Science or related
- 3+ Years – (Software) Engineering, DevOps or related
- Internal applicants only: technical proficiency rating of competent on the Dreyfus engineering scale
Bonus Points If You Have:
- 1+ years working with Cloud Technologies
- 1+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer, working in AWS.
- Experience with AWS IAM Roles & Policies, API Gateway, Route 53, EC2, S3, Lambda and RDS.
- Experience with web application servers (NGiNX, Apache, Squid)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code methodologies and proficient use of orchestration and configuration management tools such as Ansible.
- Understanding of the entire AWS Product and Service suite (EC2, S3, VPC, CloudFormation, RDS, Lambda, Redshift, EMR, SQS, SNS etc.) of products and their applicable use cases, best practices and implementation, and support considerations.
- Experience with resource, security, and cost management strategies in AWS.
- Experience in Linux system administration.
- Experience implementing multi-account governance in AWS.
- Experience in Python Programming.
- Experience managing code on Github
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Experience working with an Agile Development software team.
External applicants will be required to perform a technical interview.
All Discover employees place our customers at the very center of our work. To deliver on our promises to our customers, each of us contribute every day to a culture that values compliance and risk management.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.