In this position, you’ll have an opportunity to expand your technical skills by working hands on with the latest Unified Communications and Collaboration technologies. This is a challenging but rewarding role, as we deliver and support high value solutions to crew across the enterprise. If you enjoy working in fast-paced environments with multiple teams on high-impact projects, then this may be the role for you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides senior level Tier 3 technical infrastructure support services for issues elevated from the Support Center and other Technical Services groups. Ensures reliable operation of production. Diagnoses and troubleshoots availability interruptions and other production issues.
- Plans and coordinates enterprise-wide infrastructure projects with other IT and client teams. Communicates with teams to keep them apprised of status and issues. Contacts vendors to resolve technical issues.
- Tests, installs, and migrates software, patches, upgrades, applications, and/or hardware.
- Develops technical standards. Tests and evaluates IT vendor products.
- Writes documentation, including project plans, installation procedures, and troubleshooting tips. Creates diagrams, including technical topology.
- Maintains, monitors, and tunes Production system and applications performance. Debugs source code and performance problems and/or provides debugging assistance to developers. Identifies opportunities to improve system and applications performance (e.g., automating manual system tasks).
- Trains and mentors staff. Resolves complex issues elevated from staff with less experience.
- Adds, updates, and closes IT Problem Management database records. Researches and resolves complex issues, and reviews related technology records to mitigate impact on assigned system.
- Reviews numerous IT knowledge repositories to update technical knowledge.
- Learns and understands client area business functions and requirements. Has the ability to determine the appropriate technical tool to address the client’s business needs.
- Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Thoroughly understands and complies with Information Security policies and procedures, and verifies deliverables meet Information Security and VSA requirements.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Five years’ experience in technical specialty, including one to two years’ hardware/software configuration and troubleshooting experience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of the following product support practices and concepts: full project delivery life cycle, IT service level agreements, performance monitoring, tuning, and debugging (e.g., GTF traces, and region and transaction dumps), software and peripheral installation, network protocols (e.g., TCP/IP and ACCP), process/product testing and verification, software and/or hardware setup and configuration , computer networking, technical standards and deliverables, system log files, tasks, account management, and commands.
- Advanced knowledge of one or more IT platforms and products: Microsoft Outlook/Exchange, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft SharePoint, SharePoint Online
- Certification – Holds the appropriate technical specialty certificate or has the ability to attain within 12 months of hire date: See additional informationfor the specific requirements for this posting.
****Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position****
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.