Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you can accomplish. Do you wish to be challenged to think creatively? We are recruiting a dynamic, energetic and motivated individual to join the Infrastructure Services Business Operations – Global Purchasing Operations (GPOPs) team as an Infrastructure Infrastructure Supplier Operations Analyst. We are responsible for Apple Data Center (DC) supplier operations within Infrastructure Services. This team works collaboratively with multi-functional teams to improve the supply chain process and develop innovative fulfillment strategies. An Infrastructure Supply Operations Analyst is responsible driving broad execution of the order process with our suppliers, maintaining collaboration throughout DC operations, and upholding data integrity within central databases. This position works closely with other key cross-functional teams from Hardware Engineering, Material Planning and Asset Management, Finance and Contract Manufacturers to develop the strategic direction, goals, objectives and key measurement systems to ensure the business goals are met.
- Strong background managing multiple supplier relationships and commodity hardware manufacturing space
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience presenting to senior leadership, up to and including VP level
- Proven ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders across a variety of business units
- Experience working with off-shore manufacturers managing Clear to Build (CTB) timelines to critical deadlines
- Familiar with data centers, technical components and structure of a server or similar product a plus
- Experience in Excel, Tableau, corporate ERP Systems (SAP preferred), and tooling implementation is a plus
- Comfortable working Autonomously and with remote leadership
As an experienced Individual Contributor, this person will monitor market conditions with Global Supply Management (GSM) support and inform planning teams of lead time and material risk to server manufacturing build schedules. They will manage commodity vendor engagements to plan necessary safety stock to accommodate for any demand spikes or fluctuation. This person will apply data analysis and process mapping to drive the optimal fulfillment activities from order induction through delivery and EOL support. Drive supplier relationships to meet operational goals. Manage and anticipate global supply related issues with GSMs. Coordinate to minimize and mitigate risks. Collaborate across the Apple organization to ensure business objectives are met. Rapidly synthesize and communicate findings to senior leaders and to actively identify potential supply issues that can affect product strategy. Gather and produce cost and scenario analysis. Use analytics and metrics to improve processes and cost. Execute plans and strategies with Hardware Engineering and GSM teams for phase in of new hardware and phase-out of obsolete parts and part replacement qualification in order to sustain production. Align with GSM, Finance and leadership to monitor purchase price variances (PPV) and optimize market sourcing strategies. Develop written plans, policies, and procedures to document processes to support the purchasing of assets. Propose strategies on how to optimize the planning and delivery of infrastructure requirements, including safety stock assessment, inventory management and liability management. Create and drive process implementation and new tool development. Manage inbound inquiries and cross functional communication.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years in Supply Chain, Material Planning, Vendor Management or related field
- Sound consensus building ability to resolve difficult issues and inspire change
- Proven driver of key projects from inception to completion
- Ability to work under minimal supervision with strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Adaptable, flexible and open-minded in a fast paced, changing environment
To apply for this job please visit jobs.apple.com.