What you’ll be doing…
The Cary and Ashburn Network Management Centers are seeking talented engineers to support management of Verizon’s Intelligent Edge network encompassing Unified Transport, NGPON2, Multi-Service Edge, Base Network Controller and Converged Core technologies. Network Management responsibilities include:
– Proactive network monitoring, following established procedures when responding to network alarms and events.
– Perform triage, fault isolation, and remediation of network events.
– Providing technical assistance to external teams.
– Trouble Ticket management, Outage flash management, processing escalations.
– Communicate technical details and status to customer service centers, technical support organizations and executive management teams.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
– Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
– Three or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
– A degree, preferably in Electronics and three or more years of job-related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
– A comprehensive knowledge of IP telecommunication equipment and technologies (Cisco, Juniper, Adtran, Calix) and processes and systems as well as department of company policies and procedures. Knowledge of routing protocols (MPLS, LDP, BGP, IS-IS, OSPF) and familiarity with concepts associated to cloud computing and virtualization.
– Demonstrated a comprehensive knowledge of specialized telecommunications equipment (Ciena 6500T/S, & Cisco) and technologies. Knowledge of optical DWDM system & optical distribution network (GPON).
– Strong customer service and interpersonal skills, including excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Knowledge with TCP/IP.
– Ability to generate, drive, and update problem-tracking tickets via multiple systems.
– Worked with external and internal Verizon organizations coordinating and troubleshooting network events.
– Ability to provide timely and accurate network information to both management and other groups during network events and major outages.
– Willingness to work all shifts.
– Python (or equivalent) scripting.
– Experiencing driving automation initiatives and process improvements.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.