Comcast Technology and Product Experience (TPX) is seeking a Software Engineer for iOS to join our Connected Living Client Application Engineering team. This group is responsible for customer-facing mobile, web, set-top box, and voice application development for Comcast’s Home Security, Home Network Management and Internet of Things product offerings. This includes the native iOS and Android Xfinity application, which manages our cloud enabled gateway for millions of homes and is growing internationally. https://www.xfinity.com/learn/internet-service/wifi
In this role you will collaborate with other developers, designers, testers, and business managers to build new iOS apps from scratch as well as develop features for existing iOS apps. You must be able to pick up new technologies quickly, be a strong teammate, and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands. The ideal candidate will have experience building native iOS applications that rely on multiple web services and that operate at scale (thousands to millions of users).
- 4+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 2+ years professional experience in developing Swift native client applications (iOS, MacOS)
- 2+ years professional experience in creating native iOS applications, preferably ones that have been approved for release in the App Store
- Familiarity with MVVM architectural pattern
- Experience building or consuming RESTful web services
- Fundamental understanding of the HTTP protocol and caching strategies
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code quality that follows best practices
- A strong passion for learning and adapting to new technologies
- Collaboration with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements.
- Knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Excellent communication skills with a willingness to help and mentor other developers
- Presentation and advocating for architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Additional preferred skills:
- Experience working with Internet-of-things frameworks or platforms (SmartThings, Nest, AWS IOT, etc.)
- Experience with multiple specific iPhone technologies/libraries; Localization, i18n, GPS, Bluetooth, WebRTC (Video), Gyro, etc.
- DevOps Native App build experience (Ansible, CocoaPods, Jenkins, Fastlane, XCUITests)
- Experience handling interactions between a native application and embedded WebView
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Digital Home Engineers are passionate about collaboration, developing our skills, and creating awesome experiences for customers. We are fortunate to do what we love, every day. Join us!
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development and customizes current applications. Assists with the software update process for existing applications and roll-outs of software releases.
- Participates in training representatives and operations staff on internally developed software applications.
- Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical requirements, including software designs, evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals and formal recommendations and reports.
- Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior-level Software Development Engineers.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Displays knowledge of and ability to apply, project management skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.