iOS Mobile Software Engineer – ClubLabs – Remote 100%
ClubLabs is the digital acceleration team for Automobile Club of Southern California, also known as, AAA. We are the team responsible for building intuitive customer experiences across the organization’s insurance, membership, financial, emergency roadside, and travel services.
We’re a team of engineers, designers, researchers and product managers within AAA delivering maximum value to our members and business for a smarter future.
The product development team is a key part of ClubLabs. We are responsible for delivering prioritized stories that look to maximize value for our members and our business through our digital products.
We pair program, all day, every day because we know it delivers remarkable results.
We practice test driven development because it produces high-quality, reliable and more maintainable code.
We deliver user value, solve problems and ship code multiple times a day to improve our members’ experience and maximize value to the organization.
- Design and develop advanced software applications. Build on one or more platforms which include but not limited to iOS, Android, and web apps.
- Communicate regularly and write clean code. Review, analyze and resolve application issues as needed.
- Evaluates strategies and make recommendations on changes and improvements.
- Collaborate with team members on the design and implementation of new functionalities on the different platforms.
- Consult with other team members and implement solutions in-line with the departments’ visions.
- Continuously learn and keep up to date with emerging technologies to evaluate impact to business and member value.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented principles, algorithms, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- 3+ years of experience in Native iOS Development
- Proficiency in Swift(4+) but understand Objective-C. SwiftUI is a plus but not required.
- Assist team members in areas of manual testing, test automation, continuous integration, and deployment pipeline
- Can work as a full stack engineer for all the components involved from front end to backend.
- Experience in TDD or BDD a plus.
- Strong communication skills and interest in a pair programming environment.
- Strong team member who inspires, innovates, and delivers results to add value and make a difference.
- User-centric /customer-centric focused, embrace Agile XP practice, and possess a learning mindset.
- Constant monitoring and learning of new technologies and the market landscape.
- Four-year college degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
• Health coverage for medical, dental, vision
• 401(K) saving plan with company match AND Pension
• Tuition assistance
• PTO for community volunteer programs
• Wellness program
• Employee discounts
The Automobile Club of Southern California is part of the largest federation of AAA clubs in the nation. We have 14,000 employees in 21 states helping 17 million members. The strength of our organization is our employees. Bringing together and supporting different cultures, backgrounds, personalities, and strengths creates a team capable of delivering legendary, lifetime service to our members. When we embrace our diversity – we win. All of Us! With our national brand recognition, long-standing reputation since 1902, and constantly growing membership, we are seeking career-minded, service-driven professionals to join our team.
“Through dedicated employees we proudly deliver legendary service and beneficial products that provide members peace of mind and value.”
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Automobile Club of Southern California will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.