Req ID: 18533
Employment Status: AF – Active – Regular – Full Time
The ideal Service Desk Analyst will have the ability to work in a professional, fast-paced environment and possess excellent customer service skills and technical troubleshooting skills. The analyst will be proactive for improving and expanding our services and enjoy working as part of a team.
The Hospital’s service desk is staffed 7 days a week, 24 hours a day and we aim to serve our Hospital Workforce with first call resolution whenever possible. The Hospital supports over 800 applications and services to service our patients and families, clinical, business, and research institution. The Service Desk Analyst role may be required to work on-site or remotely and must abide by all CHOP policies, standards and expectations regardless of work location.
1.Demonstrates basic knowledge of Tier 1 service level support as relates to addressing Hardware (PCor End-User Devices & peripheral equipment), and application software, and operating system issues.
2. Exhibits sound customer service skills by effectively handling customer problems and ensuring proper escalation procedures are followed to problem closure.
3. Demonstrates sufficient knowledge of call log tracking to record accurately all needed information.
4. Tracks all customer service items to completion.
5. Evaluates customer service issue to determine level of service needed.
6. Resolves all Tier 1 issues.
7. Escalates Tier 2 issues to appropriate resource.
8. Maintains and increases knowledge of CHOP IS application, hardware, mobile devices and multiple operating system platforms
9. Works under direct supervision to accomplish daily assignments in support of team initiatives
A Support Analyst I:
1. Provides laser-like focus on customer service and satisfaction with some knowledge and experience of incident management, problem management and change management processes, practices and procedures.
2. Serves as the first point of contact for the IS Department and act sas a liaison between the client community and the rest of the IS Department
3. Adheres to Service Desk standards, processes and systems required to deliver consistent high quality customer service
4. Diagnoses and resolves problems which may involve hardware, packaged software, proprietary software and peripheral equipment over the phone, via remote control tools or on-site.
5. Maintains strong technical skills to provide prompt support for customers to determine problems and provide resolutions
6. Manages Level 1 queues and recommends new queues to insure proper categorization and assignment of issues. Coordinates queues for site/service, working with various stakeholder groups.
7. Provides recommendations on how to improve the quality of service as well as reducing repeat incidents.
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
A+ Certification within 90 days of placement into position.
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: High school degree / GED required.
Required Experience: At least two (2) years of experience providing EUD support, Service Desk support or equivalent experience/knowledge.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: Some College preferred. Technical School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred Licenses/certificates/registrations: ACSP, MCP, MCSA, ITIL Foundations, CCNA, Lexmark & Lenovo Self Maintainer
Additional Technical Requirements
– Able to perform effectively in a team environment as well as with little direct supervision
– Customer service oriented team player with first-rate communication, documentation, organizational, problem solving, written and verbal skills.
– Ability to understand, analyze and resolve problems, while on the phone or on-site with user.
– Must have working knowledge of many various pieces of equipment and software including printers, terminals, PCs, networking and telecommunication hardware, etc. Knowledge and understanding of issues inherent to Microsoft software including, but not limited to security, deployment, imaging, auditing, licensing and compliance; deployment and upgrading; features and functionality.
– Organized with the ability to follow established processes and provide recommendations for improvements.
– Ability to analyze and solve problems by investigating and implementing predefined potential solutions using troubleshooting skills
– Working knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol suite.
– Medical terminology helpful and previous medical EUD or Service Desk level 2 support background preferred.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
Email:[Click Here to Email Your Resum]
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: US*213_*********
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
Since its start in 1855 as the nation’s first hospital devoted exclusively to caring for children, The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia has been the birthplace for many dramatic firsts in pediatric medicine. The Hospital has fostered medical discoveries and innovations that have improved pediatric healthcare and saved countless children’s lives. Contact Info
– Philadelphia, PA 19107
View Company Profile
Don’t miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.