IT Analyst I- ERP (MES/MRP)
Responsibilities: IT Analyst I- ERP (MES/MRP)
ZF Axle Drives Marysville, LLC
The MES Analyst is responsible for the analysis, development, and implementation of manufacturing execution systems supporting the IT automation of complex production processes. This position is also responsible for the administration and development of local applications and production data acquisition, in addition to ensuring the optimal and timely resolution of incidents for local IT infrastructure (i.e. network, server, etc.) in collaboration with the corporate IT department.
– Plan, conduct, and execute shop floor MES (e.g. PLC, Traceability) development activities; lead troubleshooting and resolution initiatives related to IT infrastructure support issues.
– Monitor and ensure system and network availability for shop floor production systems.
– Provide technical clarification for internal customers and resolve IT systems-related problems that impede production; respond to incident requests or escalate (2nd-level) issues.
– Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve problems related to IT data collection/analysis; provide diagnostic reports for MES and the data interface between cell computers and low-level production control systems (PLC).
– Leverage MES knowledge and software architecture to develop solutions for functional end-users.
– Maintain database store procedures and continually develop using import/export data for Traceability.
– Provide after-hours / on-call support for shop floor systems; implement MES support procedures.
– Perform software updates and data backups as required; collaborate with corporate IT as necessary.
– Participate in the commissioning of IT systems on the shop floor.
– Act as a liaison between the IT MES/software development group and the plant maintenance department.
– Participate in IT shop floor projects or system enhancements.
– Service shop floor computers as necessary.
– Serve as a technical expert for local disaster recovery (DR) preparation; perform regular tests of DR environment (i.e. equipment, backup procedures, systems, infrastructure, etc.).
– Support shop floor IT equipment (e.g. hand scanners, label printers, Ethernet hardware, etc.).
– Evaluate and/or recommend local IT solutions aligned with ZF standards and IT security considerations.
– Adhere to and ensure compliance with ZF corporate IT standard processes, procedures, and systems.
– Develop working relationships with internal and external business partners.
– Participate in continuous improvement programs.
– Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, formal training, reviewing professional publications, establishing and expanding professional networks, and participating in professional societies.
– Understand, support, and comply with all IATF 16949 requirements and processes.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience:
– Associates Degree in Information Systems, Engineering or related technical field of study.
– 2+ years of experience in IT systems analysis/development.
– Experience providing customer support and resolution regarding technical issues.
– Experience with MES/FIS systems and database solutions.
– Basic abilities in SQL programming.
– Basic abilities in the configuration and usage of IT infrastructure (i.e. data centers, servers and server OS, LAN/WAN, firewall/proxy servers, switches/routers, end-user devices, etc.).
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally required to
stand, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools; or controls; reach with hands and arms; ascend stairs; balance; stoop; kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
This position is required to do extensive walking through factory-environment production areas. Must be able to travel abroad. Required to lift/carry up to 30 lbs., sit, bend, stoop, and use fine motor skills to handle physical parts. Required to visually inspect computer files and attributes. Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with others.
ZF North America, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. ZF North America, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. ZF North America, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ZF North America, Inc. employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated. Professional Section:
Information Technology IT Specialization:
Application InformationVacancy Index
req1869Contact and Address
ZF North America, Inc
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.