IT Business Analyst
Sentry has an opportunity to join our team as an IT Business Analyst on our Data Services team. This is an opportunity to gain experience working with customers and data engineers helping to ensure our systems are highly functional, intuitive and meet or exceed expectations by leveraging your knowledge of data system development. You will develop story definition and refine requirements, providing clarification necessary to assist engineering team’s work estimates and maintain team backlogs.
What You’ll Do
As an IT Business Analyst, you’ll participate in discussions and interact with business and IT customers to fully understand their processes, use cases and work environment. Additionally, you will:
– Observe how they use data to do their job, and brainstorm ways to help them be more efficient and effective while ensuring their requirements are met
– Write crisp, concise requirements and user scenarios that clearly capture what the users want and help engineering bring them to life within our data systems.
– Learn to create comprehensive test cases to validate new features and requirements. Work closely with engineering and customers to ensure the data system works and performs as intended. Work to anticipate and exercise consumer use cases to find hidden defects.
– Assemble an understanding of the technologies and processes used to develop our data systems and provide ideas and perspective on how we could do it better. Be able to explain the technical building blocks and flow of information within our systems.
– Develop basic technical skills such as writing SQL queries and data consumption prototyping to enhance feature development while minimizing reliance on data engineers.
– Create and maintain team backlogs. Refine story definitions, clarify requirements and plan execution against the backlogs with leadership.
– Contribute to cross functional iteration planning and assists in coordinating cross team dependencies.
– Strengthen requirement gathering skills and business knowledge to assist with defining and prioritizing stories in a team backlog.
What it Takes
– Associate’s Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
– Degree in Business Analysis or related discipline
– Related work experience
– Possess and leverages analytical and critical thinking skills to enhance processes and improve service levels
– Communications skills, human relations skills and organizational skills
– Demonstrates motivation and a positive attitude and works to demonstrate mastery of the identified competencies
What You’ll Receive
Sentry’s excellent benefits package is designed to meet today’s most important needs. Benefits for full-time Sentry Insurance employees include:
– Competitive Compensation
– Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
– 401 (K) plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first eight percent
– Comprehensive paid training
– Generous Paid-Time Off Plan
– Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
Sentry Insurance has an online employment application. In order to complete it, you need to apply for a specific position. We ask that you apply for one position at a time with us; so if you are interested in several positions, please determine the position in which you are most interested and apply for that position first. If you are not selected for your first choice, we invite you to apply for the next job in which you are interested.
If this is the first time you have applied for a position at Sentry, you will be asked to register. Returning applicants will only need to provide their email address and password.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
All of us at Sentrymore than 4,000 associateshave various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry’s leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
IT Business Analyst
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.