WHAT YOU'LL DO
Be part of a team that is transforming BCG into a bionic company! We are building a centralized Business Intelligence & Analytics function that will simplify and automate information delivery—providing advanced insights and analysis to support decision making. To date, the team has launched and operationalized several global scale products and dashboards, enhancing how our leaders engage in information to manage the business. The next wave of digital reporting is underway which will help to unlock further value for BCG functions and leadership with best-in-class business intelligence and analytics.
The IT Business Intelligence Lead Developer works as an integral part of an Agile team delivering scalable digital reporting solutions for global stakeholders. This role will help design optimal solutions to support the digital product portfolio—employing best practices for data modelling, scalable Extract-Load-Transform jobs and data pipelines for Tableau dashboards, and support business as usual.
YOU'RE GOOD AT
This position will involve daily collaboration with the architect and other development teams, vendors and stakeholders throughout Agile design, plus the development, implementation and operations of both infrastructure and business mappings. The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong analytical abilities and creative problem solving
- Ability to work independently with general direction and flexibility in a fast-paced environment
- Good organization and excellent communication skills across cultures
- Integrity and a positive attitude, especially while handling stressful situations
- Work with project stakeholders (technical as well as end users) to understand business requirements and implement database solutions for diverse problems
- Research viable technical and/or non-technical solutions, evaluate new technology and advocate, influence, and build consensus for innovations that satisfy business needs
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- BS/BA degree, preferably in computer science or related field; or business administration or mathematics. Experience in data analysis and database architecture, maintenance, and support.
- 7+ years IT experience, including 4+ years in ELT/Data Integration for BI.
- Advanced background in SQL (e.g. SQL Server and/or Oracle, including T-SQL and/or PL/SQL), MV’s, and analytic functions.
- Familiarity with cloud data warehouse platforms such as Snowflake, developing data pipelines in DBT (Data Build Tool); or other development tools, languages and frameworks is a plus.
- Expert level proficiency with industry standard ELT tools is a plus, such as ODI, Talend or other (Topology, template-driven code generation, CDC, Metadata, and Web Services).
- Hands-on implementation experience with Data Warehousing including design, modelling, testing, security, administration and optimization.
- Experience in all aspects of Agile SDLC, and end to end participation in a project lifecycle
- Reporting tool experience Tableau, OBIEE, SAP BO is a plus
YOU'LL WORK WITH
Working closely with the rest of the Business Intelligence delivery teams, the IT BI Lead Developer will also work with external developers, business contacts across BCG functions, DBA’s, and Infrastructure teams.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.