The IT Consultant completes critical infrastructure management tasks, provides Tier 1 and Tier 2 support to clients, and configures new computers for deployment. This role assists other KAI Partners Consultants in the completion of various skill/experience-appropriate tasks both in-house and at our clients offices, including new computer/device installation, peripheral connections, and networking cabling. Other work includes assembling equipment quotations, monitoring alert conditions, and interfacing with KAI Partners vendors. This role allows the candidate to develop hands-on skills and technical proficiency. THIS POSITION WILL REQUIRE YOU TO PASS A DOJ BACKGROUND CHECK.
* Using a range of reporting tools, evaluates alerts and sub-optimal conditions; escalates to appropriate Consultant as required.
* Provides daily inspection of upcoming expiry items and communicates with appropriate Consultants, as required.
* Based on pre-defined schedules, completes client infrastructure management tasks.
* Under Supervisors direction and following client-specific procedures, unpacks, patches, and tests new client computers (workstations and laptops). If required, installs various software applications, including Microsoft Office.
* Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Delivers, installs, and tests computers, peripherals, and other devices as directed by Supervisor.
* Ability to interface professionally with customer executives and employees.
* As directed, takes ownership for resolving Tier 1 and Tier 2 support requests, including virus scans/removals, password resets, and device problems (printers, mice, monitors, servers).
* Familiarity with modern operating systems, including Windows 10 and Windows Server 2008 and 2012
* Basic knowledge of networking and security concepts.
* Cisco experience certification preferred
* Experience with remote monitoring & management (RMM) (i.e. Kaseya, n-able; continuum)
* Experience with Fortinet firewall
* Comfortable with handling computer hardware, including adding additional RAM and replacing hard drives, video cards, and network cards.
* Capable of basic problem identification/escalation and basic technical support, including virus removal and software installation.
* Physically capable of picking up and moving computer hardware.
* Strong desire to build skill-set through self-directed education and coursework that lead to desirable certifications.
* Ability to solve complex technical problems, including desktop viruses, software deployments, server and desktop hardware issues, and software problems.
* Must have a Bachelors degree or 3-4 years of IT experience can be considered in lieu of education
* Roughly 10% Travel is required for this position
* VMWare or other virtualization technologies
* Remote Desktop Services
* Remote Management Monitoring tool experience
* Windows Server
* Google Apps
* Active Directory
* Amazon Web Services (AWS)
KAI Partners is a growing technology and organizational development consulting services firm based in northern California. In partnership with our clients, we plan, develop and implement business and automation systems that strengthen core internal environments. By providing a full range of services, we enable government and private industry to maximize internal efficiencies and corporate effectiveness. Our principals bring over 100 years of experience working within and consulting to public and private sector organizations.
Alpentg (A Division of KAI Partners Inc.)
Alpen Technology Group is a full-service information technology division of KAI Partners Inc. and IT service provider in California. Alpentg offers a full range of IT services to its clients, our full-service technology solutions include managed technology services, technology strategy consulting, IT project management, IT infrastructure management, help desk support, cloud services, and data continuity services. Alpentg is dedicated to striving to make a difference in the local community by offering competitive rates for local non-profits. We take pride in taking part in their missions and enjoy participating in their outreach community events.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.