Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Public Trust/Other Required:
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is seeking an IT Engineer with Microsoft Enterprise Systems Administrator Advisor experience to join our team in support of a Federal Intelligence Agency contract. In addition to receiving a competitive salary and generous health and personal benefits, the IT Engineer will enhance their skill set among a talented and technically accomplished group of colleagues.
Primary responsibilities include providing Tier II support of maintaining multiple large Enterprise environment. The supporting infrastructure includes multiple Microsoft based networks spanning multiple security enclaves within a hybrid (Windows & RHEL) environments.
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
System Administrative Advisory duties to include management of Windows and Linux workstations on EVDI and physical
- Troubleshooting application functionality, crash and performance
- Investigate user performance and work with external teams to improve user experience
- Assist customers with Tier 2 incident resolution for Linux and windows applications.
- Provide remote end user desktop support
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system incidents with both short-term workarounds and long-term solutions. Responds to escalated service desk/team requests.
- Communicate effectively (in oral and written form) with a variety of individuals; work well within small and large team environments.
- Willingness to provide initial triage, response, and notifications for incidents
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 8+ years of related systems administration experience
- TS/SCI with Polygraph is required.
- Candidate must possess an appropriate and current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment; either valid CompTIA Security+ CE, Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)-Security. CompTIA Security+ CE Certification is the preferred certification. In addition, candidate must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Training within six (6) months of Hire Date.
Successful candidates are expected to have related experience and knowledge/understanding of:
- Active Directory Administration
- DNS, DHCP, DFS, LDAP
- Windows 10, Server 2012, Server 2016,
- Application Troubleshooting such as Outlook, Excel, Word, JAVA, Internet Explorer
- Linux Operating system
- Understanding of ServiceNow, NETS or other ticketing process
- ITIL v3 or higher
The following knowledge/skill set is not required but is a plus:
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
- Virtualization Environments (VMware, Citrix)
- Profile management utilizing the VMware User Experience Management (UEM) toolset
- Microsoft Exchange
- Telephone/Video support
- Familiarity with site specific customer and mission
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
USA VA Springfield
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.