Interco is a $150-million global recycling company headquartered on the Illinois-side of St. Louis in Madison. The company has been an industry leader providing metals, computers, and electronics recycling services with a focused track record of innovation and integrity since 1996.
The 400,000+ sqft. Interco Metaltronics recycling facility is comprised of five buildings on more than 40 acres centrally located on the Illinois-side of St. Louis in the shadows of the Gateway Arch. The facility boasts a 145,000 sqft. processing plant dedicated to the processing of computers and electronics with a patent-pending state-of-the-art Lithium-ion battery recycling plant. The remainder of the indoor facility is used for the processing of nonferrous industrial metals.
The company specializes in the placement of smelter-ready materials catering to a broad array of industrial, dealer, and government organizations. Interco ships nonferrous and electronics scrap worldwide utilizing established partnerships with end consumers in the United States, Europe, Latin America, and Asia.
The Interco team — consisting of commercial, logistics, administrative, information technology, and operations departments — delivers innovative solutions, competitive pricing, and quality service throughout the supply chain. The company has been an industry leader with a focused track record of innovation and integrity for more than two decades.
Interco is a rapidly growing $150-million company with a terrific team and high upside
- Service and resolve hardware, software and system functionality and configuration
- Monitor, upgrade, and service servers, desktops, laptops, remote workstations, and peripherals
- Respond and prioritize company helpdesk tickets related to hardware, software, and operations functionality
- Effectively manage the resolution of assigned IT issues within acceptable service levels and sufficient timeframe
- Identify and solve issues using a variety of methods including SSH, WHM, web interfaces, event logs and product support
- Perform both basic and advanced repairs on computer hardware
- Build and troubleshoot Windows and Linux Servers, Web Servers, and Domain Controllers
- Resolve issues with database management, operating system configuration, and server-side applications
- Troubleshoot Exchange and mail spam filtering servers in a hybrid environment
- Perform routine hardware and software upgrades and performance fine-tuning
- Overhaul and recalibrate workstations and associated hardware
- Monitor network, web and security applications
- Configure user settings during installation, onboarding and transfers.
- Provision VOIP phone systems using PBX SIP Provisioning of devices and users
- Help with data analysis, systems migration, and upgrades.
- Assist with the direction and management of department interns
The IT Help Desk Technician may also work on other projects as needed.
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, Information Systems, Systems Engineering, Computer Networking, or a related qualification preferred
- Must be mechanically inclined with some experience with computers
- Should have command line PowerShell experience
- Experience dealing with end users in an enterprise technical support environment is ideal
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot website issues in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of programming languages and operating systems
- Knowledge of website management tools
- Expertise working with cPanel and WHM preferred
- Strong PC keyboarding skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint)
- Some MX and Mail Security experience preferred.
- Experience with O365 is required
- Must be naturally driven to produce high quality results with great care
- Diligent attitude and punctuality are required
- Salary $37,500-42,000 commensurate on experience and qualifications
- 100% Company-paid Medical, Dental, Vision
- 100% Company-paid Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability
- Company paid $25K life insurance policy
- Accelerated paid Vacation time
- Additional Paid vacation Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day in addition to regular paid vacation
- 401(k) with generous company match after one year
- Salary plus annual performance review and bonus
As a matter of company policy, we do not sponsor employment visas or hire from out of the USA, nor do we sponsor candidates who do not currently reside within the USA without an existing H-1B visa.
Physical Demands and Abilities
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance
- Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50 lbs.
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that will be required. Interco reserves the right to modify this job description at any time, including assigning or reassigning job duties or eliminating this position at any time.
Candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Work remotely: No
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.