Position Summary: Work closely with the CFO to implement and effectively use computer technology. The IT Managers role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT Department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. This individual will plan, coordinate, direct, and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department. The IT Manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. This person will also define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategy & Planning
* Lead IT Department operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
Acquisition & Deployment
* Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
* Manage financial aspects of the IT Department, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
* Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
* Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
* Develop requests for proposal.
* Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
* Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals.
* Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
* Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
* Direct research on potential technology solutions in support of procurement efforts.
* Keep current with the latest technologies.
* Approve and oversee projects and project portfolio.
* Practice asset management for IT hardware, software, and equipment.
* Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
* Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organizations executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
Performance Expectations: Quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability, and thoroughness of work performed; ability to gain the trust and respect of fellow employees; ability to communicate effectively and develop good working relationships; ability to work with and through others is essential to accomplish goals and objectives of Dutchland Plastics.
Formal Education & Certification
* University degree in the field of computer science and 5+ years related work experience. Bachelor degree with technology as a core component preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
* Strong technical knowledge of Epicor ERP in a manufacturing environment, plastics/process experience a plus.
* Strong technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Windows 7 & Windows 10
* Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including multi-location and fiber optic.
* Extensive application support experience with Epicor 10.
* Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.
* Excellent understanding of the organizations goals and objectives.
* In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
* Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
* Strong understanding of project management principles.
* Strong leadership skills.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
* Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
* Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating business cases, budgets, and so on.
* Highly self-motivated and directed.
* Keen attention to detail.
* Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Exceptional customer service orientation.
* Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Requires ability to: Plan and organize work effectively and simultaneously; analyze problems, propose reasonable solutions, make logical decisions, carry out decisions made, and follow-up with feedback where appropriate. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form.
Working Conditions: Office Environment
* On-call availability
* Sitting for extended periods of time.
* Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, , and to handle other computer components.
* Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
* Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
* Competitive wages
* Quarterly bonuses
* Paid vacation in 1st year
* 11 paid holidays
* Insurance: medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, and life
* 401K plan
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.