Description : Job Summary: (includes but is not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned):
This position may have responsibilities that include the oversight of teams tasked with either database management or applications management.
Direct a team of IS professionals responsible for the development, support, and enhancements. Will plan, organize, direct and control the functions of this department. Responsible for developing staff, and playing a key role in scheduling the effective utilization of staff resources based on requests made. Works closely with business areas to identify business needs and develop system solutions. Actively participates in the analysis and design of technology solutions to meet the business needed. Responsible for continually enhancing the procedures and processes followed in completing the activities of the department. Assures that the department is maintaining accurate and current business recovery plans and plans are tested.
– Expert knowledge.
– Mature, experienced, innovative professional.
– Uses advanced technical skills, provides oversight of employees performing single function, location, product or technical area.
– Serves as advisor to management; influences highly complex decisions regarding the direction or operation of department.
Identifies and takes ownership for developing ideas for technical or business improvement initiatives that impact department/division.
– Works on significant and unique issues and projects.
– Regularly uses independent judgment in the evaluation of intangibles or situations with minimal precedent or standards available for reference. Selects methods, techniques, analytical approach and evaluation criteria.
– Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or highly complex special assignments.
– Provides input into human resources decisions such as hiring, promotions and disciplinary actions.
– Sets technical direction for a department; assists management with setting the strategic direction for key products, research areas, programs and services.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent; prefer Master’s Degree. Advanced business acumen.
– Previous work leadership experience.
– Expert knowledge with experience in Champion’s industry sectors; typically requires minimum of 10+ years in area of specialization.
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: US*206_AAA3DD860A02D8E5
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Calpine Corporation is helping meet the needs of an economy that demands more and cleaner sources of electricity. Founded in 1984, Calpine is a major U.S. power company, capable of delivering approximately 28,000 megawatts of clean, cost-effective, reliable and fuel-efficient electricity to customers and communities in 20 states in the U.S. and Canada. Contact Info
– Houston, TX
View Company Profile
Don’t miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.