Live the experience. From professional empowerment to continual learning opportunities. From ongoing investment in new and emerging technologies to a career of self-determination. At Ulta Beauty, our tech team is critical to our scalability—and is recognized that way. We’ve been defined as a “mature start-up.” A place where interdepartmental exposure, open doors, and genuine collaboration is ubiquitous. Where challenges come fast and furious, requiring agility, mental dexterity, and creativity. Where our passion for better solutions drives us and is core to who we are.
We’re engineering for the future of retail, and it’s no-holds-barred. But for those motivated by continual change and ambiguity, by superior leadership, by whip smart colleagues who will press you daily for your very best, you’ll find that virtually nothing’s impossible at Ulta Beauty.
THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The IT Manager serves in a leadership position managing a team of leads, architects and engineers, that are primarily responsible for data acquisition, data modeling, data pipelines development and integration of data from various sources in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment. This individual will work closely with cross functional business and IT teams in a highly collaborative environment to develop well-designed solutions.
YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH THESE GOALS BY:
- Systems Development Management: Leads solution development projects which support the organization's objectives and plans. Ensures that management is both aware of each initiative and is able to provide the required resources. Reviews the progress of development projects, ensuring that projects are carried out in accordance with agreed standards (including industry & Ulta standards), methods and procedures.
- Relationship Management: Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining and working to stakeholder engagement strategies and plans. Negotiates with stakeholders at senior levels and ensures that organizational policy and strategies are adhered to.
- Quality Management: Leads the application of appropriate quality management techniques to identify areas for improvement. Coordinates systematic corrective action to reduce errors and improve the quality of the systems and services, by examination of the root causes of problems.
- Resourcing: Implements resource plans, including conducting recruitment interviews. Facilitates selection, assessment and on-boarding processes, and internal resource allocation.
- Performance Management: Supervises individuals by allocating routine tasks and/or project work. Provides direction, support and guidance as necessary, in line with individuals’ skills and abilities. Monitors progress against agreed quality and performance criteria.
- Interface with product managers and product analysts to understand data needs of the business
- Architect and implement data solutions for the enterprise across different business functional areas like Digital, Marketing, Supply chain and Merchandising.
- Design and build frameworks for ingestion, curation, auditing, and error logging for data pipelines
- Work with cross functional teams in high visibility roles and own the solution end-to-end.
- Establish SDLC process promoting agile development standards and RunOps practices to support the data platform.
- Work with business stakeholders to understand the priorities and roadmap and lead the execution of IT solutions.
ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or equivalent professional experience
- 10+ years of IT experience in design and development of data lakes, data warehouses and BI platforms.
- 3+ years’ experience leading and building team of high-performance data engineers.
- Strong experience in design, development and operationalization of large-scale enterprise data solutions promoting best practices across the organization.
- GCP experience using tools such as Big Query, GCS, Dataflow, Dataproc, Pub/Sub preferred but open to consider AWS or Azure.
- Expertise with event-based sourcing and event streaming, specifically with technologies like Kafka, Spark and GCP Pub/Sub.
- Experience in data architecture, data models, ingestion frameworks, DataOps, and cloud-based infrastructure for big data platforms like BigQuery, Databricks, and Snowflake.
- Strong understanding of digital analytics platforms (GA4, Adobe Analytics), social media data is a plus
- Understanding of development practices around machine learning, microservices, and APIs
- Expertise in data centric security architecture concepts and open standards
- Excellent analysis/troubleshooting skills, able to solve problems efficiently
- Excellent communication skills; feels comfortable working with non-technical business partners
- Experience in executive presentations and communication is a must.
- Able to motivate others to drive desired results
- Strong experience in establishing business processes
- Demonstrated ability to present recommendations to senior leaders for effective decision making
- Work with production support and project consultants in an onshore / offshore model
- Proven track record of delivering high quality solutions on time and on schedule
- Flexibility of providing support during odd hours, weekends, and peak seasons
- Minimal travel required (training/conferences)
- Understanding of retail industry business and IT processes and systems is beneficial.
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty’s own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring—hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.