IT Manager – Senior Level Job in Plano, TX at USAA
– Career Center
– About USAA
– Career Areas
– Life @ USAA
– Returning Applicants
IT JOBS AT USAA
– Search Jobs
– IT Jobs
– IT Jobs
– IT Manager – Senior Level
IT Manager – Senior Level Job
Job Number: R*******
Location: Plano, TX 75024,United States
Date Posted: 2018-06-21
Full Job Title: Manager Senior, Information Technology
Job Family: IT
Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Manager Senior, Information Technology for our Plano, TX facility.
Manager Senior, IT manages one or more analytical, business or technical support activities. Authorizes and influences the development and delivery of business solutions that enable optimal business performance. Provides and is accountable for technical leadership in the plan, design, development, testing, implementation, or maintenance of business solutions. Leads and directs change management, process improvement, or technical support initiatives. Provides direction and analytical support and directs business plan development to execute initiatives. Advises senior management and provides high level consulting. This position is typically responsible for managing a team of employees engaged in one functional activity.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. In each of the past five years, we’ve been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For, and we’ve ranked among Victory Media’s Top 10 Military Friendly Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn’t technical, it’s human. Here, we don’t just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day. We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on agile principles. We’ve been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it’s like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
– HUMAN RESOURCES: First level people management responsibilities include hiring, termination, performance management and pay management.
– Provides formal and informal training and coaching to team in expected behaviors and activities.
– Monitors and tracks progression of unit goals and objectives.
– Directs quality work efforts, team assignments and problem resolution.
– DOMAIN: Operational Management (Day to Day): Accountable for the day to day operation of technical domain.
– Engages and involves all necessary USAA teams as appropriate.
– Regularly identifies, monitors and evaluates key metrics to ensure health and progress within respective domains.
– Anticipates and responds appropriately to new demands, priorities, challenges, or obstacles.
– Defines and articulates a clear role and direction for own work unit, consistent with the organization’s mission, strategy and direction.
– Collaborates with executives and/or senior directors with defining organizational goals and strategic plans.
– FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT: Each manager is expected to manage and forecast unit level expenses which may include department allocations, Product/Component, 3rd Party, project/program, software and vendor expenses.
– CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: Effectively manages relationships with customer and supporting teams during execution of unit responsibilities.
– Communicates appropriately with teams, customers, and peers through all communication channels.
– Follows up on critical issues in a timely manner.
– VENDOR RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: Manages and leverages the relationship with 3rd Party vendors to ensure achievement of domain objectives.
– May be responsible for vendor management activities including service agreements, staff augmentation and technology contracts.
– Bachelor’s degree required, or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required in lieu of a degree.
– 8 or more years of experience in a business, analytical or technology support function, plus 3 or more years as a team lead or Manager in a relevant business function or technology environment
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
– Experience with an industry Agile Framework (like SAFe or Lean) as a Product Manager or Release Train Engineer.
– 4+ years of Financial Services experience.
– At least 3 years of experience leading a team of software engineers
***Selected candidates will attend and complete the Management Development School program in San Antonio, TX, during their first six months in position.***
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 6/27/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Join Our Talent Network
Search Videos by Job Description
Back to top
Frequently Asked Questions
Corporate Info & Media News Center Privacy Careers Accessibility Contact Us Site Map FAQs Site Terms
Copyright 2018 USAA.
USAA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here. Furthermore, USAA makes hiring decisions compliant with the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (LAMC 189.00).
USAA provides equal opportunity to qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. USAA will provide reasonable accommodation when requested to enable completion of the online employment inquiry form or, if desired, an alternative method of inquiry. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please email *********************** for assistance.
USAA means United Services Automobile Association and its insurance, banking, investment and other companies. Banks Member FDIC. Investments provided by USAA Investment Management Company and USAA Financial Advisors Inc., both registered broker dealers.
DID ****** – 1016
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.