As a Cloud Engineer for vCom you design, deploy, migrate, and maintain complex cloud infrastructure solutions for small to medium size organizations.
You are a strong technologist with solid business skills. You are as comfortable working with a technical team as you are with client business users, and you know how to build bridges between the two. With your excellent communication skills, you are adept at mapping business needs to technology solutions and helping non-technical audiences understand the benefits of these solutions. You are also comfortable working with peers across technological disciplines and are willing to mentor and teach junior technologists. You are interested in gaining additional knowledge regarding new and evolving technologies.
You are willing to be a critical contributor in the development of vCom’s Cloud Infrastructure Managed Services practice and are focused on its successful inclusion in vCom’s portfolio of managed services offerings.
You thrive in fast-paced environments with frequent interruptions. You are versatile and flexible, adapting your sense of urgency to meet each day’s priorities. You remain calm under pressure. You see challenges as opportunities to problem solve and collaborate with others.
In your first month, you’ll:
- Get to know the vCom team, build rapport
- Learn vCom’s systems & tools
- Become familiar with vCom’s current Cloud and Server environment including design and maintenance standards.
- Become familiar with vCom’s current support standards
In your first 3 months, you’ll:
- Get to know vCom’s leadership team
- Become familiar with the org and each department
- Acclimate to vCom’s culture
- Assume lead technical responsibility role for vCom’s existing Cloud and Server Infrastructure
In your first 6 months, you’ll:
- Take a lead role in Cloud and Server Infrastructure special projects
- Assist in the development and delivery of vCom’s Managed Cloud Infrastructure offering to small and medium sized customers.
What you’ll do:
- Design, deploy, migrate, and maintain complex cloud infrastructure solutions for small to medium size organizations including on-prem, cloud, and hybrid migrations and implementations.
- Lead technical discussions with clients (internal and external) and vendors related to the design, deployment, and migration of implementation projects.
- Review and develop technical requirements for cloud infrastructure solutions including the development of internal and client documentation deliverables.
- Participate in support escalations including on-call rotations
- Administer various database, web, and application servers
- Participate in important technological department projects
- Develop and participate in maintenance activities matching industry best practices.
- Assist in the design and maintenance of an internal knowledgebase containing technical documentation, manuals, and best-practice standards.
What you’ll bring:
- College Degree or equivalent experience
- Expert-level knowledge of Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure solutions (Design, Deploy, Migrate, and Maintain) including Microsoft Azure and Office 365
- Expert-level understanding of Cloud Management and Optimization (Sizing, automation, scaling, cost management, etc.)
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Azure licensing models.
- Expert-level knowledge of Microsoft server products including Windows Server and Windows desktop Operating Systems
- Expert-level knowledge of Azure AD and Active Directory
- Expert-level knowledge of Endpoint management- OS image deployment and GPO
- Experience with best-practice public cloud security standards
- Experience with PowerShell and/or other automation languages preferred.
- Experience administering (including backup strategies) server-side applications including Microsoft SQL and Microsoft IIS
- Strong understanding of basic networking concepts, protocols, and applications especially as applicable to a cloud environment.
- Positive, can-do attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact among all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior time management, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Resourceful, organized, and independent
- Self-motivated, with high learning aptitude, and initiative
- Ability to cope with stressful situations and maintain a calm and professional demeanor
It’s also helpful if you’ve got:
- Azure Certification
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Google Cloud
- Previous working experience supporting Mimecast – Email, Spam, archive and URL filtering
- Previous working experience with Druva O365 backup
- Experience supporting individuals with strong personalities
The Selection Process
- After submitting a resume, qualified candidates will be invited to complete two separate assessments
- Once the assessments are completed, candidates will participate in a pre-screening phone screen with Human Resources
- A select group of candidates will be interviewed (rounds of interviews may include the hiring manager, VP of HR, and vCom’s CIO and COO)
vCom is a cloud-based software and managed services company focused on helping enterprises simplify and better manage every phase of their IT lifecycle spend. Our growth, innovation, and strong customer relationships are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering amazing outcomes for our customers and team members. vCom has received the prestigious Best Places to Work award in the SF Bay Area for 14 years in a row and was one of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2019 (Employee's Choice, Small Business List).
vCom Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.